Morris County trunked system

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJEMT12982

Premium Subscriber
I see that there are four different sites to monitor the trunked system for Morris County. Which would be the best to program in my scanner in order to be able to listen in general? I am looking to hear fire response, ems, and county sheriffs talk groups. I'm trying not to limit myself to just one area within Morris county. Or will I be able to hear the entire system just by programming in one of the sites?

RocketNJ

Bigger question is what town do you live in?

The north and south simulcast sites carry almost all the calls on both sites at the same time.

rmosier

RocketNJ gave me this very same advice when I asked the very same question. And he was correct. I'm in Budd Lake, and now monitor only the south site. I checked to see if I was missing anything by also listening to one of the Morris county live feeds that covers the Morris TRS, and I'm not missing anything by not monitoring the other 3 sites. Much more efficient. Thanks again RocketNJ!!!

NJEMT12982

Premium Subscriber
I'm in Roselle in Union county. I have an outdoor antenna and my reception is fairly great. I have the system programmed in to my psr-600 but it does not reflect that I am monitoring a trunked system. Could it be because I have to program in the trunking tables? I am not too familiar with how to do that.

Fizz306

Premium Subscriber
First, as a point of reference, here is the link to all the information you will need to program into your scanner in regards to the Morris County TRS system. Your best bet will be the South Simulcast site.

Morris County Trunking System, Morris County, New Jersey - Scanner Frequencies

I would refer to your manual for your PSR-600 in regards to programming Motorola Type II Smartzone trunked radio systems. As a heads up....it will be a royal pain to manually program this into your scanner. I'd reccomend you take a look at Butel's software for the 600 at Software for Uniden HOME PATROL HP1 HP-1 PRO-700 Radioshack GRE GRECOM MFJ DSE AOR police scanner software BCD996XT BCD396XT BC346T BCT15X PRO-404 PRO-405 PRO-97 PRO-96 PRO-2096 PRO-106 PRO-197 PRO-164 PRO-160 PRO-162 psr500 psr600 psr300 psr400 psr1. Another nice feature of that software is it will automatically import the system into your scanner directly from Radio Reference (provided you have a premium subscription) with no further configuration.

I'm suprised you get such good reception in Roselle, considering the ridge running through Chatham Twp and Long Hill. Maybe its because you're past the ridge far enough you are getting whatever signal passes over the top of it.

Rocket would have more on potential coverage issues....

NJEMT12982

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps I didn't word my question properly. I am trying to see if I have the Morris county trunked system programmed into my psr-600 properly. I put in the South simulcast frequencies and selected "Motorola VHF/UHF for system. Even if I am too far away to pick up the system, my scanner should reflect that I am monitoring a trunked system. I am lost when it comes to the trunking tables and what inputs should go where when doing them. Any insight?

RocketNJ

I'll have to look and see if I have an archive for a PSR-600 scanner. I have the Uniden models.

The trunking tables need to be set up correctly as there is no standard channel vs frequency tables for Motorola VHF and UHF systems. You need to define the start frequency, step size and number of channels in each segment. Some systems are a single segment, some two, and some are three. Varies by system.

NJEMT12982

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Rocket for the information. As for the tables, would you be able to show me what goes where so to speak. I am generally good at programming my scanner with use of the win500 software but when it comes to those trunking tables, I am at a loss.

RocketNJ

I do not own a GRE absed scanner but try this for the custom table.

First line should have
hi channel 519
Offset 380
Step 12.5

Second line should have hi channel 719
Offset 520
Step 12.5

Try that.

NJEMT12982

Premium Subscriber
Still nothing, is there anyone here on this forum familiar with programming the custom trunking tables of the Morris County trunked sytem into a Grecom PSR600? I am at my wits end here...

RocketNJ

I think I left some info out.
First line the start or base frequency is 471.000

Second base or start frequency is 476.000
Also the second high channel should be 759.

Not sure, but give it a try.

I'm kind of at a diaadvantage here since I cannot see your custom table screen :)

RocketNJ

OK, downloaded the Win500 demo and loaded it up.

Here's what you should have for the custom table.
Line 1 Lo Chan 380 Hi Chan 519 Offset 380 Base Freq 471.000 Step 12.5
Line 2 Lo Chan 520 Hi Chan 759 Offset 520 Base Freq 476.000 Step 12.5

Trunking table on right should be set to custom

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
I've updated the database with the correct band plan settings for both GRE/Radio Shack & Uniden scanners. Please see the notes sections for this information.

Enjoy and happy monitoring!

Jerry - W2GLD

scan1000

I downloaded the new firmware today 2/8 and imported lasest DB in my Home Patrol 1. I seem to have lost
the Morris County Municipal Police 1 and Police 2, Police 3-6. They are TGID 33808,33840,33872 ect..
Police 2 was Dover,Wharton,Rock Boro, Police 3 was Roxbury. Anyone have any idea what happened to them. They were part of Moris County Trunking system. Thanks.

RocketNJ

As others have said in your other post, download the Morris P25 system to your scanner and you will be all set.

The Police talkgroups along with Fire 5 have moved to the new system.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Please use the search function. There is an active thread regarding Morris County's TRS as well as discussions regarding recent upgrades and changes. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.