BCD396XT/BCD996XT: MOSWIN p25

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I do not know who the owner of the feed is. The above posts are encouraging me to add the surrounding MoSWIN sites. I will post results in the next day or two.

Rolla City,Rolla Rural, and St.James Fire, Phelps County EMS ?????????????????
Is this the Feed you are listen too?????????????????
If so it took me 20 Minutes to locate it as I nowhere close where you live. and I'm not aware of your State and County..................
Most hear are willing to help if you are willing to do some basic.

WA0I

I thought you meant the owner of the local scanner that is hooked to the broadcastify website. I live in Rolla, Phelps County, Missouri. I am 3 miles from the Rolla site, so probably not a reception problem. The originator of the thread seems to have the same problem as I. The units using the talkgroups would almost always be affiliated with the Rolla site, so I am surprised that while monitoring only one talkgroup, and only the Rolla site, that we would miss entire exchanges.

WA0I

I have added the surrounding sites and observe no improvement. For example: a unit calls dispatch and the dispatch acknowledges. (or vice versa). Only then does the BCD996XT pick up the subsequent transmissions. Sometimes even in the middle of a subsequent transmission. I timed one and it was 7 seconds into the transmission. 50 percent of the time, everything works just fine. As the originator says, this occurs on all of the talkgroups for the Phelps County Missouri area. I can understand that I might miss some transmissions on the Highway Patrol talkgroup because of no unit affiliated with the local or surrounding sites, but am surprised that I have that may dropped transmissions from Rolla PD or Rolla Fire since their units would nearly always be affiliated with the Rolla site. Nothing else is programmed in the scanner. No conventional channels and no other trunking systems.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Hi gang. I live in the area (St. Robert). If I may offer some help, make sure you have all the frequencies plugged in. It doesn't matter if you have the control channel. It also needs the other frequencies because that is where they'll be talking. Check out the database here:

Missouri Statewide Wireless Interoperable Network (MOSWIN) Trunking System, Statewide, Missouri - Scanner Frequencies

Scroll down to Rolla (app) and make sure you have all those frequencies programmed in.

Should pick up all traffic no problem. I pick it up really well from over here using a BCD396XT.

A question to the OP. Does Missouri Science & Technology still use MOSWIN? I haven't heard them on it for weeks now.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Hi gang. I live in the area (St. Robert). If I may offer some help, make sure you have all the frequencies plugged in. It doesn't matter if you have the control channel. It also needs the other frequencies because that is where they'll be talking. Check out the database here:

Missouri Statewide Wireless Interoperable Network (MOSWIN) Trunking System, Statewide, Missouri - Scanner Frequencies

Scroll down to Rolla (app) and make sure you have all those frequencies programmed in.

Should pick up all traffic no problem. I pick it up really well from over here using a BCD396XT.

A question to the OP. Does Missouri Science & Technology still use MOSWIN? I haven't heard them on it for weeks now.

Having all the frequencies and not just the control channels is a good idea. In Troop E (Poplar Bluff) the Bloomfield site switched a control channel and a regular channel around but because I had all the frequencies in my scanner I did not even know this had happened until I ran Pro96Com on the site.

However, if you have no control channels because you are not trunking just scanning all the voice channels, it will work but you may not be able to follow certain conversations as the scanner will stop on the next active frequency if it is the continuation of the conversation you are following or not.

The Control Channel allows you to follow the same conversation across multiple frequencies (channels) as though it was all happening on the same frequency (channel). Therefore, if you have multiple conversations going on at the same time you will be getting parts of each without a control channel to guide the scanner to stay on the conversation you started with.

Status
Not open for further replies.