Motorla programming for pro-164

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabriggy

Premium Subscriber
I am new to scanners, so this may seem a simple question. I have created a bank that is setup for Motorla II system. I have entered the frequencies in that bank. How do I link the frequencies to talk groups? I have created a couple of talk groups (with system ID) and have a chart that has dec and hex numbers.

Thanks for any help.

SCPD

QRT
just make sure the talk group ID's are in the same bank as the frequencies & use the DEC numbers. make sure BANk is set to MO also as well as each frequency

gabriggy

Premium Subscriber
System ID and Unique ID's in Talk Groups

Thanks for the earlier help. I have found that most Motorola type II sites have a system ID and a particular talkgroups had Unique ID's. What is the difference and how can I use this data?

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Thanks for the earlier help. I have found that most Motorola type II sites have a system ID and a particular talkgroups had Unique ID's. What is the difference and how can I use this data?

System IDs are only shown by a few scanners, and are just a particular ID associated with each system. If you had a scanner than showed them and you could pick up a control channel on a frequency, but there might be two possible systems which use that frequency, then you would use the system ID to make sure which system you are really hearing.

Talkgroup IDs are just the number used to ID each different talkgroup. Police might be on TG 00016 and fire on 00048 (yeah, old school TG numbers :lol:)

edit...

I see your scanner is made by GRE (I never remember which of the newest ones are uniden or GRE built) so that is an updated pro97/2055 and will show the system IDs, a really neat feature that I love on my pro97 & 2055.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.