MOTOROLA HT1000 scan list

Status
Not open for further replies.

scansomd

I have been told the HT1000 can be field programmed to scan some or all of its 16 programmed channels. Can anyone tell me, step by step, how this is accomplished?

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Scan List Programming

There is two buttons at the left side. Upper opens squelch. We will use lower for manual scan list programming. You can only scan 8 channels.

1. Turn on the radio
2. Press lower button and turn switch at a top of radio in to scan mode (continous BEEP tone)
3. Release lower button (BEEP tone will stop),
4. Set channel knob to a channel you want to add to scan list
5. Press a PTT button (single short BEEP)
6. Set another channel to add to scan list with channel knob
7. Press a PTT button (single short BEEP), You can set maximum 8Ch for scaning.
8. When you finish with adding channels just turn switch at a top of radio to middle position (single long BEEP).

Last edited:

pacrat551

TX Admin
Database Admin
NeFire242 said:
There is two buttons at the left side. Upper opens squelch. We will use lower for manual scan list programming. You can only scan 8 channels.

1. Turn on the radio
2. Press lower button and turn switch at a top of radio in to scan mode (continous BEEP tone)
3. Release lower button (BEEP tone will stop),
4. Set channel knob to a channel you want to add to scan list
5. Press a PTT button (single short BEEP)
6. Set another channel to add to scan list with channel knob
7. Press a PTT button (single short BEEP), You can set maximum 8Ch for scaning.
8. When you finish with adding channels just turn switch at a top of radio to middle position (single long BEEP).

The above is the method for programming an MT1000. Setting the scan depends on how the radio is programmed. The ABC switch can be set for scan program as well as the side buttons. A 16 ch ht1000 IS capable of scanning all 16 channels. Can you provide more input on the functions of your radio? If you are unsure, the 2 most common scan programming modes I have encountered are place the ABC switch on A or C, then press the top blue button. The LED on top of the radio should light up green(in scan list) and or red (priority). If this occurs, you are in the scan program mode. The other mode is to press and hold the blue button till the radio beeps. You should see the same scenario as mentioned above with the green and or red led.

scansomd

Thanks for your help. I don't have access to my radio at the moment, but I will work on it next week and get back with you you. Thanks again.

TonyS

If you have older versions of the RSS you can have a same function on one of the side buttons as the toggle switch. If you use newer versions of RSS it won't let you keep this setup though. My buddy's been using the toggle for scan on/off with TA, and the side button as scan/scan prgm for years now with no operational problems.

atatistcheff

I found this thread but it doesn't look like there was ever a procedure posted for programming the scan channels on the HT1000. Does anybody have that procedure handy?

Thanks!
Alex

SLWilson

Yes....

atatistcheff said:
I found this thread but it doesn't look like there was ever a procedure posted for programming the scan channels on the HT1000. Does anybody have that procedure handy?
Thanks!
Alex

On the HT1000, there is an A,B, C toggel switch just under the On/OFF/Volume control knob.

When set to A, the radio is IN the scan mode.

When set to B it is NOT in the scan mode.

When switched to C, it is in the scan program mode. There is a green button on the left side above the PTT switch. When you set it to C, you switch the CHANNEL SELECT knob to the desired freq you want to add to the scan list. When there, you push the green button. ONE push gives you a red indicator light on the top of the radio. A 2nd push gives you a GREEN light displayed. A 3rd puch gives you NOTHING lit up.

The 1st push (RED light) means you have selected THIS freq as your PRIORITY channel of your scan list when scanning.

The 2nd push (GREEN light) means it is just IN the list, not as a priority channel.

NO light means it is NOT entered into the scan list.

Once you have your list set up, simply flip the A,B,C switch back up to A and you're scanning what you selected.

HOWEVER All of the above is dependant on whether or not the ORIGINAL setup programming from the factory set the radio up for these features to work. If it WASN'T set up that way, you'll have to have it reprogrammed to activate the buttons and the toggle switch for those features to work....

Let me know if your worked!!!!

Steve/KB8FAR ;)

scansomd

Unfortunately, my HT 1000 was NOT programmed to allow this feature :-(

SLWilson said:
On the HT1000, there is an A,B, C toggel switch just under the On/OFF/Volume control knob.

When set to A, the radio is IN the scan mode.

When set to B it is NOT in the scan mode.

When switched to C, it is in the scan program mode. There is a green button on the left side above the PTT switch. When you set it to C, you switch the CHANNEL SELECT knob to the desired freq you want to add to the scan list. When there, you push the green button. ONE push gives you a red indicator light on the top of the radio. A 2nd push gives you a GREEN light displayed. A 3rd puch gives you NOTHING lit up.

The 1st push (RED light) means you have selected THIS freq as your PRIORITY channel of your scan list when scanning.

The 2nd push (GREEN light) means it is just IN the list, not as a priority channel.

NO light means it is NOT entered into the scan list.

Once you have your list set up, simply flip the A,B,C switch back up to A and you're scanning what you selected.

HOWEVER All of the above is dependant on whether or not the ORIGINAL setup programming from the factory set the radio up for these features to work. If it WASN'T set up that way, you'll have to have it reprogrammed to activate the buttons and the toggle switch for those features to work....

Let me know if your worked!!!!

Steve/KB8FAR ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.