Mpd

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctadam12

Does Anyone Know What The "s" Means On Milwaukee Pd Units? Better Yet, Can Someone Break Down All The Letter Designations? Thanks

otrebla

This will explain what the frequency is used for.

The Fire Bells are a civic minded, community based group of volunteers who provide immediate shelter for displaced victims of fire and rehabiliation services for fire fighters, law enforcement, and EMS personnel while they battle and overhaul fires throughout Southeast Wisconsin.

mkescan

They are not to active tho,I am guessing because most Milwaukee Co Depts have their own people bring stuff to drink and eat. Seems like the ESU mostly goes to Milwaukee Fires 3 alarm or more. Red Cross provides shelter to victims in Milwaukee County and respond to pretty much all house and apartment fires when the FD decides occupants can't stay there.
Racine Firebells are VERY active in Racine,Kenosha & Walworth County and give excellent size ups and other info over the air.

Milwaukee Red Cross 462.075 (179.9)
Racine Firebells 151.130 (167.9)

milscan

Patrol car letters

The "S" is most likely school squads.

"AW" is Avenues West- the area around State Street near Marquette University.

"T" is for the Tactical Enforcement Units

and of course a plain ol' # is the district of the patrol.

"M" is the only one I don't have a clue about so if anyone knows, please respond!

nslt204

mkescan said:
They are not to active tho,I am guessing because most Milwaukee Co Depts have their own people bring stuff to drink and eat. Seems like the ESU mostly goes to Milwaukee Fires 3 alarm or more. Red Cross provides shelter to victims in Milwaukee County and respond to pretty much all house and apartment fires when the FD decides occupants can't stay there.
Racine Firebells are VERY active in Racine,Kenosha & Walworth County and give excellent size ups and other info over the air.

Milwaukee Red Cross 462.075 (179.9)
Racine Firebells 151.130 (167.9)

Milwaukee Fire Bell is a MFD based unit staffed by civilian voluteers. They are on 3rds and above in Milwaukee and now on most MABAS Div 107 cards some where between the box and 3rd alarm, depends on the dept and card.
The radio used to be much more active on a regular basis but they pay for airtime so they use it very little when there are no calls for them.
They tend to use the simplex "talk around" when on scene rather than the repeater.

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
milscan said:
"M" is the only one I don't have a clue about so if anyone knows, please respond!

I think that was for "Metro" cars...I think. What "metro" means, beats me.

Status
Not open for further replies.