pat24roth

Premium Subscriber
Hello, i recently bought a uniden bcd436hp, still getting used to it and programed it with the sentienl software that comes with it, but I'm having trouble with just having only troop H and state wide operations on one favorite's list. I have all the MSP and Environmental police on one favorites list and it works just fine, but i would also some times just like to listen to troop H without having to hit avoid on all those channels.

ecps92

Hello, i recently bought a uniden bcd436hp, still getting used to it and programed it with the sentienl software that comes with it, but I'm having trouble with just having only troop H and state wide operations on one favorite's list. I have all the MSP and Environmental police on one favorites list and it works just fine, but i would also some times just like to listen to troop H without having to hit avoid on all those channels.
What Zone/Site do you have enabled for the MSP Fav List ??
Zone 5 would be the best for Dedham/Boston), and not ComIRS (the 700 overlay)

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
Program a 2nd instance of the MSP system on your scanner, in ID Scan mode with only H-PTL talkgroups programmed in. Since it's in ID scan mode it'll only receive what you program into it for TGs, in your case H-PTL talkgroups. When you only want to listen to H, just hold on that system (or temporary lock out the other full system) Done.

petereye

Premium Subscriber
I have also made a second MSP favorites list QK in my sds200 for the Analog MSP, since I am located in NH I also avoid all the frequencies and talkgroups from the south shore and cape area I am only interested In north of Boston activity A-PTL , along with statewide talkgroups, such as the Helo TG. it scans much faster too. I have also tried receiving the CoMirs frequencies with a roof mounted antenna with no luck that fav list entry has been deleted for now.

Last edited:

ecps92

I have also made a second MSP favorites list QK in my sds200 for the Analog MSP, since I am located in NH I also avoid all the frequencies and talkgroups from the south shore and cape area I am only interested In north of Boston activity A-PTL , along with statewide talkgroups, such as the Helo TG. it scans much faster too. I have also tried receiving the CoMirs frequencies with a roof mounted antenna with no luck that fav list entry has been deleted for now.
You are not likely to get any of the P25 sites (700 or 800) right now from NH, the nearest two/three sites are Cambridge/Massport or the 700 overlay (all within the Rte-128 belt)

petereye

Premium Subscriber
You are not likely to get any of the P25 sites (700 or 800) right now from NH, the nearest two/three sites are Cambridge/Massport or the 700 overlay (all within the Rte-128 belt)
Yes I am aware of that I had sds200 and Proscan recording and logging for 24hrs a couple months ago . Not even a blip . For anyone that wants MSP analog works great . CoMir is not very usable right now . I just wanted to let Stoliraz know how I monitor the MSP I have 2 versions of MSP. I just go in and eliminate all the western mass and cape code site frequencies and TGs.
Curious are you able to get anything where you are? Logan MSP? and it doesn't look to promising for the CoMir system to ever work as designed, way too many cooks. Just like the Provoice fiasco at the MBTA, dont get me started.

Last edited:

ecps92

Yes I am aware of that I had sds200 and Proscan recording and logging for 24hrs a couple months ago . Not even a blip . For anyone that wants MSP analog works great . CoMir is not very usable right now . I just wanted to let Stoliraz know how I monitor the MSP I have 2 versions of MSP. I just go in and eliminate all the western mass and cape code site frequencies and TGs.
Curious are you able to get anything where you are? Logan MSP? and it doesn't look to promising for the CoMir system to ever work as designed, way too many cooks. Just like the Provoice fiasco at the MBTA, dont get me started.
Unless your on the Western Mass ComIRS there has not been much MSP Traffic on the 700/800 here in the metro Boston area, with the exception when they have specifically directed units to go to the Digital Zone (last years Golf even in Brookline was one where MSP did appear on it)

petereye

Premium Subscriber
What makes you say that? It isn't fully built out yet.
No not fully operational do a search on RR for CoMirs there are a number of articles about it and they don't have a date when it will be operational. Use the analog MSP RR site ,work great . From what I have read its only operational in the western part of the state and Only receivable inside the 128 loop.
Unless your on the Western Mass ComIRS there has not been much MSP Traffic on the 700/800 here in the metro Boston area, with the exception when they have specifically directed units to go to the Digital Zone (last years Golf even in Brookline was one where MSP did appear on it)

Last edited:

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
No not fully operational do a search on RR for CoMirs there are a number of articles about it and they don't have a date when it will be operational. Use the analog MSP RR site ,work great . From what I have read its only operational in the western part of the state and Only receivable inside the 128 loop.
Yes, as I said it is only available in western MA, Worcester and inside 128 (and some of the DOC sites too I believe?) BECAUSE it is not built out yet. There is nothing wrong with the system as far as what is already operational from what I know. Maybe other people who can receive it can confirm as I live outside of its service areas.

From what I've read the next expected area to be built out is the cape/D-PTL. The new system is expected to be simulcast sites, I would expect each will serve a specific troop.Also, we won't be able to listen to A-PTL from the south coast or D-PTL from the NH border any longer. I also remember reading that there's some belief that the anticipated completion was delayed or set back. It wouldn't surprise me with the 2020 shutdowns and supply chain issues.

I took your advice and did a search. This is the most recent relevant post I found.

steve9570

Member WSAG-457 -KB1-KZW- KCP-2441 CB-WA1-BZG
Premium Subscriber
I put most of the analog MSP fqs in my car scanner and that works well for me.
The sound is great and get the cape and some of western Mass too.

garys

Premium Subscriber
The bolded part is incorrect. The P25 trunk for western MA is only receivable in western MA. The 700MHZ overlay in Boston is primarily receivable inside 128, however does not routinely carry MSP traffic. That likely will change once the new City of Boston simulcast system is up and running. There are some sites lit up, but traffic was very rare last I heard.

Anyone who has the least bit of experience in municipal and state purchasing in MA knows that it's very rare for anything to do done in the original time frame. Every project is subject to appropriation of funds and that doesn't always happen when people expect it to.

I won't bore anyone with how that all works other than to say that the contract is meaningless until the purchase order is issued and the purchase order can't be issued until there is money to pay for it.