• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MTS2000 error, how do I bypass this or write a new codeplug ?

KC2OVX

I have a bunch of old MTS2000 radios that I am trying to clear out the existing codeplugs and enter new frequencies and create new channels.
I have MTSX 6.08.00, and the models are
H01UCH6PW1BN
H01UCF6PW1BN
H01UCH4PW1BN

They all say the same thing when I try to read them, it goes through the blocks, some have 12, some have 24, some have 16, but they all read and reset and the software says:

Codeplug Too New For This Application

How can I bypass this ?

Or is there a way to clear the codeplug so the software will read a blank radio and allow me to write a new codeplug ?

How do I know what version of the software was used to write these ?

The ASK was removed, that I am sure of, so it is not an ASK problem.

Thanks in advance

Bill
KC2OVX

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Easy way is to get a more recent version of the programming software. Should be fairly easy to find more recent versions on line.

Essentially what it is telling you is that the radio was written with newer software than what you have.
There is no reset that will clear that, you have to write a new codeplug.

KC2OVX

Easy way is to get a more recent version of the programming software. Should be fairly easy to find more recent versions on line.

Essentially what it is telling you is that the radio was written with newer software than what you have.
There is no reset that will clear that, you have to write a new codeplug.
In reading posts, it looks like it needs R02.03.00 software ? Is this a CPS software that programs a lot of different Motorola radios or is it unique to the MTS2000 radio and only programs this model ? I guess the question is, is there other R02.03.00 that are for other radios, or if I find the R02.03.00 it will be the only one ? I see 2 other versions listed, both R01.03.00 and R01.13.00. Will these work if it was written with the R02.03.00. ? I seem to remember somewhere seeing a post that said if the radio was written with a newer version it gives a message that it is a newer version, but in some cases there is a way to get past that message and edit the codeplug. Am I thinking of something else, or is there a way to get past that message if I wind up using the R version cps that is older than what I have ? Is CPS a generic term or is it a specific program from Motorola that can program a lot of their models ? Thank you for the help. Hopefully once I get these programmed I won't have to mess with them again.

clbsquared

You need R02.03. MTS CPS is specific to the MTS series radios. CPS stands for “Customer Programming Software”. It’s a generic term that Motorola uses for all of their software. But each series has its own specific CPS. Examples are:
CM series is Commercial CPS, CDM is Professional CPS, XTS/XTL is Astro 25 CPS, XPR/CM’d is MotoTRBO CPS, and APX is APX CPS.
I’m not aware of a hex edit for the MTS allowing the “rollback” to an earlier version. But there could be one.
It would be easier for you to find the latest version. It’s out there.

KC2OVX

Thank you for the information. I will keep looking. I don't know what version of CPS I found and if it is even for the MTS2000. Maybe one of my ham radio groups will have someone who has the latest version.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Whatever you do, do not use lab or depot software as you will ToolProof the MTS2000 if it has newer than version 5.42 firmware. There is no fixing that unless you saved an archive srecord.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Right, you need the "latest" CPS.
Sounds like you are looking at the wrong one if its showing a lot of different models. It's just MTS2000.

Should not be hard to find. I'm not in the office yet, or I'd pull it up and see what version I have on my old laptop.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
I only mention the lab RSS as it will come up in your searches while looking for the latest CPS and if you don't know about ToolProofing, it will destroy your radio. Just a friendly reminder as it doesn't get talked about much anymore, since these radios fell out of use.