• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

mtx838 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

johndoesefi

hello.im trying to program my mtx838.
im using win xp and im trying running the mtsx program threw dosbox 0.74.
i have the rib box and the programming cables.i also use an rs 232 to usb adaptor.
i understand that in the dosbox software there is a spesific amount of cycles that you need to configure.
is any body knoes the exact mount of cycels to use?

will much aprritiate the help/
thanks

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
You'll need to ditch that rs232 to USB adapter as well. Something that old is going to require straight rs232 and actual dos. Dos from USB is the easiest if your computer can boot from usb

johndoesefi

thank for the tip guys.will it work on vm box machine?
i was able to install dos 6.22 on vm virtualbox(after i was busted my head untill i finnaly got it threw)but havent yet succeded on setup the "guest additions".which mean im un able to add files and aoftware to try run them on the vm.(im still busting my head on it)after watchig lots of videos on the net,and i have tryed everything.does any one have an idea how to do it?

gtaman

thank for the tip guys.will it work on vm box machine?
i was able to install dos 6.22 on vm virtualbox(after i was busted my head untill i finnaly got it threw)but havent yet succeded on setup the "guest additions".which mean im un able to add files and aoftware to try run them on the vm.(im still busting my head on it)after watchig lots of videos on the net,and i have tryed everything.does any one have an idea how to do it?

Just make a dos USB stick and boot it from startup. I set my tough book to boot USB first. So all I do is turn it off plug in the USB then boom DOS boots. When I'm done I just turn off and unplug it. Then I am back at XP

johndoesefi

Thanks.i will give it a try.hope it finnaly solved my problem.it is much more easy than work on vm virtualbox

johndoesefi

Dear guys.i have finnaly got it threw.thanks for every one for the
Assistance and for your tips.you have no idea how much you
have helped me.you are doing excelent job.

Sincerly and regards

johndoesefi

mtx 838 signalling program

hi guys.is any body knows how to add a mdc1200 signalling?is this possible in this model?

Sincerly eitan

johndoesefi

i use the latest firmwar.if im not mistaken its the 06.07.00.
when i try to program the signalling in the frequency area,and i try to change any signallin type,it does not give me any options.it give me options only in the service mode,but it is not what im looking for

johndoesefi

i also have an ht1000 radio,and it gives me all the options.is it posible that i dont have that function in my radio?

cmdrwill

'Signaling' IS set up in a separate screen. Then select MDC and the code. Then in the 'frequency' screen the MDC should be available.

johndoesefi

basicly you are right.that how i program my HT1000 that way.
in my rss,it gives me 2 places to find it.
1.in the sevice alignment screen.
2.in the conventional system screen.(the F6 buttom)
but i have'nt able to change\edit nither one of them

Status
Not open for further replies.