multi-element phased array for VHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0QNB

Has anyone built a a multi element phased array RDF antenna for vhf?, I would like to have four (or more) dipole elements. I have already found a few on the net but none quite like I am looking for.
Any suggestions?

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Not exactly what I was looking for, more like this, but not as bulky.
http://ka7oei.com/EXT_ANT2L.JPG

You're not going to be able to shrink the overall dimensions and still expect it to work. Bulky? Your only option is flimsier construction, which would lighten the load, but then it would be more likely to get damaged.

That antenna also requires the electronics that steer it and display the directional data.

KC0QNB

I am aware of electronics etc. but instead of the copper tubing, using something more like rods. Maybe 3/8" aluminum rods and readily available stud mounts.

KC0QNB

Are you looking for a high gain antenna or a Radio Direction Finding antenna? The link provided is a direction finding antenna and not for general purpose use.
prcguy
Yes this is a direction finding antenna, I am asking if anyone here built one, and experimented with different materials.
Now if you have some info on a steerable, high gain antenna, that would be cool also. One I could use for RDF and one I could use instead of a conventional, yagi and rotor for transmit also.

Status
Not open for further replies.