Multiple Extractions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Hey nice picts Erik, but it appears L/G 73 is a little high to load, ok sorry could not resist.

Jim<

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
jimmnn said:
Hey nice picts Erik, but it appears L/G 73 is a little high to load, ok sorry could not resist.

Jim<

Just for you... I HATE shooting into the SUN :evil:

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
abqscan said:
Just for you... I HATE shooting into the SUN :evil:

How many fireman does it take to load a chopper?? ok Travis and Bob and Mark relax I was just kidding.

Anyone wanna guess the time saving to the patient to transport by air versus ground to Swedish from that location?

Jim<

papaelk

Quote:

How many fireman does it take to load a chopper??

2 maybe 3 and the Helicopter Staff

Anyone wanna guess the time saving to the patient to transport by air versus ground to Swedish from that location?

5 min ?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
papaelk said:
Quote:

How many fireman does it take to load a chopper??

2 maybe 3 and the Helicopter Staff

5 min ?

If that airmedical transport in a metro area is a complete MYTH by the time you land, shut down (as they did on this scene) load, restart and then unload and move down from the rooftop heli pad at Swedish for example.

Search google for EMS Helicopter Use Urban Myth and you'll find some interesting studies.

Jim<

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Reminds me of a scene that happened up here a few years back. Tandem dump truck with a paver on a trailer hit 10 vehicles at a stop light and ended up coming to rest atop a passenger car, which was wadded up between the steering axle and front drives. Extrication required lifting the truck with a heavy wrecker and HUSAR (equivalent of your TRT). Unfortunately the one lady in that car died before the extrication was complete. About a dozen other people were transported.

Good shots!

cstockmyer

jimmnn said:

Jim<

Well Jim maybe:

A: They thought it might look good for the camera's to put some EXTRA skill into the load.
B: The Pilot was born and raised in Colorado. In being raised in Colorado, he knows where aurora is, but still can't find a good reason to go there. Or maybe he just did not want to infect his couple million dollar helicopter with what ever Aurora has?
C: They wanted to try the new load method..They fly low, and the low man on the totem pole runs along side and does a "hot load".

:twisted: Ha ha, ok so it sounded a ton more funny in my head when I though it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.