MultiPSK Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ab5r

After the latest Windows 10 update, my MultiPSK stopped working giving an error message that I have no sound card. WRONG.....

Anyone else having this problem?

Of course, the software owner is on vacation till August 15 and cannot contact him.

Jerry AB5R

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Are you using your computer's internal sound card or an external sound card adapter?

ab5r

Internal sound card is operating normally, except for MultiPSK. I even deleted and reinstalled software with same error.

(My latest Win 10 update is 1703 build 15063.502)

Apparently, from the lack of responses, it must be a local problem. Thanks for responding.

RFBOSS

I will respond. Win 10 latest update.

I did not have it loaded on this laptop, but I loaded the latest version just to see if it would work.

It found my internal sound card and my VB cables as soon as it was started and it could see signals.

This is likely not much help, but just to let you know my experience.

ab5r

Thank you RFBOSS. Any inputs HELP. It is a strange glitch, but seems to be on my machine. THANKS

AK9R

Super Moderator
Does your internal sound card still work for other Windows sounds? If you point your browser at YouTube and play a video, do you get sound?

ab5r

YES. My computer, including sound, is working normally. My sound is OK.

I thought that I might be able to open MultiPSK and adjust the setup, but it won't even open!

AK9R

Super Moderator
If MultiPSK won't open on your computer, then you have bigger issues than just your sound card.

I suggest you consider another program such as fldigi or DigiPan.

ab5r

Thank you KA3JJZ and W9BU for suggestions. Yep, I think I'll just wait until Patrick gets back from holiday and see what he allows. I don't use it much anyway and isn't that big of a deal if lost. It just caught me flatfooted when it came up with that error.

I am going to try deleting (again), including the Registry and reinstall. Won't hurt to try; might even learn something.
73 to both,
Jerry AB5R

AK9R

Super Moderator
You're just deleting the program and then trying to clean up the registry? Does the program have an uninstall or do you check Add/Remove programs in Windows for an uninstall? I'm not trying to insinuate that you don't know what you're doing, but what you are suggesting sometimes ends in failure.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
And here's another - what mode(s) are you looking to use? Sometimes a program dedicated to a single (or just a few) dig modes will work better than a swiss army knife, which MultiPSK most certainly is

Mike

ab5r

W9BU: Yes, I did uninstall using the normal uninstall method, BUT sometimes elements are left in a computer a in the registry. Cleaning both, does a thorough clean usually.

KA3JJZ: I seldom use it anymore;so, no preferences. As I stated before, I was amazed when i tried to open and got the error message that I had no sound card, which was obviously wrong.

My original post was to see if it was a general problem since the upgrade or it was on my machine. I've got my answer. THANKS Everyone.

wyShack

Premium Subscriber
Double check that you have something plugged into your audio in-when I first started I got a similar error untill I actually plugged a cable in-then everything worked.

ab5r

Thanks to ALL that responded. I had been using MULTIPSK with virtual audio cable software. AND, the problem was there, not MultiPSK. I reinstalled the VAC and MultiPSK opened normally. I believe VAC had a missing driver.

Again, thanks to all.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to ALL that responded. I had been using MULTIPSK with virtual audio cable software. AND, the problem was there, not MultiPSK. I reinstalled the VAC and MultiPSK opened normally. I believe VAC had a missing driver.

Again, thanks to all.

I have both paid VAC and free VBCable. VBCable is better in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.