My Best Catch

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT

SCPD

QRT
Thanks Ridge. I could not believe it either. My main antenna is a g5rv mini or sometimes called jr. No more QRM or RFI since i got this new sdr and everything is much more enjoyable finding stuff with the waterfall display

ridgescan

Thanks Ridge. I could not believe it either. My main antenna is a g5rv mini or sometimes called jr. No more QRM or RFI since i got this new sdr and everything is much more enjoyable finding stuff with the waterfall display
Very good Mike-you enjoy it! Keep the loggings coming-I have a feeling that setup will bring in some interesting DXs:)

brandon

Database Admin
Hey Mike. Excellent catch on Dakar! I love monitoring signals from Africa.

As for my recent catches...Yesterday I logged aircraft wkg Algiers and Nouakchott area control centers on 8894. This is the MWARA AFI-2 freq used in the north of Africa. I bet you can hear it even better on the east coast :)

Audio clip of 8894 activity: HDSDR_20110218_013553Z_8894kHz_AF.mp3

SCPD

QRT
Brandon: what is your main radio the IQ or the 14. I think you told me in the past your using a loop antenna right? From your area to Africa is HUGE....

brandon

Database Admin
Hey Mike. That clip was recorded using the SDR-IQ connected to the Wellbrook ALA1530 loop.
I also use an Icom R-75 with a Pixel RF Pro 1A. Both perform very well for my needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.