DSC05286.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 3,625
  • DSC05287.JPG
    DSC05287.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 3,588
Last edited:

nategb

Premium Subscriber
Is that a RS 800 on the 436HP? Seems to be the standard for the 436. That power strip on the wall is nice so you don't have to dig around on the floor when you need to plug/unplug.

KD0DWV

Yes that is the RS 800 antenna on the 436. It made a world of difference over the stock antenna. The power strip is so useful I got it at Harbor Freight for like $20 I think and it allows me to plug in everything I need to at my desk.

SCPD

QRT
nice

nice setup,ya need some high hats in there though.

Simulated lighting below

what ya think?Even cooler ,right?

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
If you're going to fix someone else's photos, at least do it right...

Attachments

• DSC05285-2.jpg
    DSC05285-2.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 2,538

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Very nicely done!

I too like the idea of the power strip on the wall and at that level, it's easy to plug and unplug your radios.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Russell

KD0DWV

The Updated Shack

I am finally done with my shack update. The New computer was completely rebuilt be me with all new internal components and its running dual monitors now. Its still a little messy but I have been busy with work and taking care of my sick wife while also under the weather myself

Attachments

• DSC_0030.jpg
    DSC_0030.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,996
  • DSC_0029.jpg
    DSC_0029.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,937

KD0DWV

New Desk and Radio setup

I finally got a bigger computer desk because I out grew my last desk. I was able to mount my Uniden BCD536hp and Yaesu FT-7800 to the desk above my primary monitor. Sorry for it being messy still I'm in the process of putting everything back in it new spots

Attachments

• New desk.jpg
    New desk.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,471

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I finally got a bigger computer desk because I out grew my last desk. I was able to mount my Uniden BCD536hp and Yaesu FT-7800 to the desk above my primary monitor. Sorry for it being messy still I'm in the process of putting everything back in it new spots

Nice. Do you find the second monitor being up on top works well and isn't difficult to use? I've thought about similar type setups before but always worried I'd get tired of looking up and down. But I guess that depends on what you use it for...maybe you don't change much on it and just reference it now and then?

Just curious. I like to see how people setup their shacks/offices and also how they use their equipment.

KD0DWV

The second monitor on top works well because it frees up space on the desk but it does take some getting use to. I would have to say that if you used it a lot your neck might get sore but I don't use mine all that ofter mainly for my weather radar program i use when i'm active on my skywarn net

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
The second monitor on top works well because it frees up space on the desk but it does take some getting use to. I would have to say that if you used it a lot your neck might get sore but I don't use mine all that ofter mainly for my weather radar program i use when i'm active on my skywarn net

That makes sense. I thought it looked like it was displaying a map, possibly radar but wasn't sure.

KD0DWV

Yeah sorry for the bad picture it was taken with my cell phone after a very long day and the lighting sucked. once it all cleaned up and put back together I will take a better picture with my camera and post it

Status
Not open for further replies.