My mess...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
That thing is handy since it uses HT1250 batteries and that's what's issued at work. Everyone thinks it's a 1250.

commscanaus

Yep- That is a sweet shack there Mancow!

Very nice antenna wall plate- that is exactly what I need to do.
Since moving in- got rather brutal with the shack wall and just cut out a square hole in the plaster/sheetrock and pushed the cables straight through to an external patch panel. The hole is covered by the shelving unit so it is hidden.

Nice mix of radio's you have too!

Regards, Commscanaus

landonjensen

Whats the portable with the biggest antenna on the top shelf? and the one on the top shelf sitting on top of the mobile?

mancow

Database Admin
I think you are referring to the RACAL25. It has the same wide band antenna as the XTS5000 but it's taller. Thales bought Racal and they are marketed as the Thales 25 now. They are aluminum face programmable vhf P25 radios.

The one to the right of that on the scanner is half a Bendix/King Vhf EPH-599. It's just sitting there with no battery. That radio has scrambling that will decode the local PD so I keep it around with the others if they decide to go encoded.

Whats the portable with the biggest antenna on the top shelf? and the one on the top shelf sitting on top of the mobile?

StevieD

Ok i'm jelous what else can i say.It would be a perfect place to hang out when the weather gets cold. Thats if you were her in minnesota

KC0QNB

Where did you get the stuff for the patch panel? Are they bulkhead fittings?, and chance of seeing the back side of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.