My Mopar

Status
Not open for further replies.

qball

Premium Subscriber
lakekid313 said:
is that a vintage motorola siren!. lol looks great love seeing throwbacks like this.

I believe the radio is a Mocom 70 and the siren a Federal Signal PA100. Here is a real guess...a Regency scanner on the passenger side...no idea the model. Am I close?

scanbc780

Usually Lurking
qball said:
I believe the radio is a Mocom 70 and the siren a Federal Signal PA100. Here is a real guess...a Regency scanner on the passenger side...no idea the model. Am I close?

That is a regency, I believe I have one of those around somewhere. I removed it from my Dad's truck years ago. I got started in scanning listening to that and an old Bearcat 100XL that my dad bought me when I was a kid, which I believe I still may have somewhere in storage.
The regency still works, at least the last time I fired it up it did.

SCPD

QRT
qball said:
your right that is a fed sig, i knew that too idk why i said motorola.

NYRHKY94

If I'm not mistaken, the Regency model shown is an ACT-R 10 H/L/U. I have one in my vintage shack. Picture attached for those that are interested.

Last edited:

bobmich52

That's The 1st Scanner I Ever Owned

Bought It When I Was 12 yrs Old, I'm 46 Now, With Money From Side Jobs Etc

Crystal Controlled & 2 Antennas To Receive

It Is Now In Scanner Heaven, But It Lasted A Long Time

Thanks For The Memories NYRHKY94

JnglMassiv

Another Mopar guy here. My first car was a '68 Plymouth Satellite 2dr hardtop, 273 2bbl, speed auto. In fact, mine was the same color (medium green) as yours. "Baby diahrrea green" my friends called it. I got it in 1994 for $1100. Not exactly a musclecar but it was straight and clean and a 2dr HT B-body is my favorite. I drove it daily for a couple years and had a sound system installed (I was in high school). My old man has a 68 Coronet convertible (small block) and a 70 Plymouth Suberbird (440-6bbl).

After I got rid of the Satellite, I got into turbo Shelby Dodge cars. Niiice.

N5TWB

Great memories on both fronts, vintage car w/vintage radio/electronics. The Regency scanner in the car was my second scanner, the first was a similar 8-channel version for just VHF Hi/Lo. In the mid-70s, I was a part-time dispatcher for a small town PD that had the Mocom 70 radio, 4 channel w/scan, and the Federal siren in the patrol car. AFAIK, the only true to the era (i.e. 1969-70) item in the pictured vehicle is the siren as both the scanner and the radio did not come along until about 1975. Not criticizing, just noting...I appreciate W4CRT sharing the photos. Moto-heads are welcome to correct my incomplete knowledge...

N4GKS

I tried to find out the exact model Mocom for 1967-69 but couldn't so I installed what I could find. Anyone have an idea? The scanner could be added on later as these cars usually were in service for 8-10 years. Here's a few more.

Attachments

• Picture 027.jpg
    Picture 027.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,050
  • Picture 048.jpg
    Picture 048.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 1,044
  • Picture 049.jpg
    Picture 049.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 1,037
Last edited:
Status