My Win500 has blocked-out part of areas in charts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChattScan

I last paid the $35.00 for the program on Jan 9, 2009 so I don't know if I am expired or not. I have never understood if that was for a one year subscription or not. The Key still works, but the "redacted" parts remain.
Anyway, I thought I could at least use the trial copy for a while and it would be clear of any blacked-out areas. In fairness I am now using Windows 7 with the strange mixture of two Internet Explorers; one 32-bit and one 64-bit. Some sites
like banking will not let you in with the 32-bit browser.
I have sent Don Starr an email.

Have I missed this explanation somehow during my "scanning sabatical?"
ChattScan

Last edited:

grumpy_hermit

Are you attempting to download from radioreference.com? If so, I don't see the indicator that you have a current subscription.

Last edited:

TES

The 'trial' version of Win500 is not crippled in any way. It is a time-limited full version of the software. If "the key still works" then your problem is elsewhere. Win500 is currently on version 1.94. The $35 is a one-time payment for ALL updates. Your "blacked-out" and "redacted" could probably be written more clearly. What features do you think you're missing?

ChattScan

TES,
Let me tell what is missing or covered on the "General Settings" Tab: About 3/4" is covered all down the right side of the Scan Lists to the right of the "Scan" column with the checkable box. The blocking color depends on what one chooses for a color scheme, of course. Same blockage for the "Welcome Text", "Quick Text", and "Battery Settings."
This is my own scanning lists I have saved months ago that I still have in my 197. Not trying to pull anything.

DonS

Like the "grey stripe" at the right-hand edge of this:
Cap_SL.jpg

?

If so, that's just unused space in the "grid". If it bothers you, you can resize the columns to get rid of it (by dragging the column "separators" in the header row):
Cap_SL2.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.