Myrtle Beach area

Status
Not open for further replies.

nfd540

I will be in Myrtle Beach area for a month. Does anyone have a file for my HP2 for police, fire and aviation o cantseem to find most of it in the database. Also can youhear military aircraft

BMedcom

Afternoon, I hope you enjoy your stay here. I have not tried to listen to any aviation here, and don't have any kind of scanner or receiver, only commercial LMR. I can tell you that most of the info here is either outdated or incorrect. Other than Ham, or businesses, and obviously Marine, VHF and UHF are pretty much dead here. Just about everything that is UHF, is using DMR on a capacity plus system. Everything here from a agency and or safety standpoint is 800mhz P25 trunked. The key points I would put in, would be City Fire, Police, and same for County. Contrary to what is listed, County Fire Rescue does use both alpha page, and voice dispatch. Anything you hear on County Fire, as far as tone outs, is uaully outated, everything is usually alpha paged before radio.

nfd540

Does anyone know if the listed Horry County, Myrtle beach area fire systems listed in RR are current or has changes been made . I will be there for a monthin Marchand April andwant to program my hp2 ahead of time

BMedcom

Fire systems are accurate. For City fire, you would want to put in Dispatch. The individual station alerting talkgroups, you will hear the same thing as primary dispatch. (From a scanner) Surfside Beach is on HCFR TAC 2. For TAC 2 for HCFR, that will be voice dispatch from the main drag in Myrtle Beach, up to around the end of Ocean Blvd. (Give or take) From there further North to the City Of North Myrtle, that would be HCFR TAC 1. Sorry for the long message, I have been here only a few years, it takes some getting used to as far as the area, and system goes. I think you will be quite happy with sacnning here, everything is in the open with the exception of EMS to ER patches. There are a few PD talkgroups that are encrypted. but not really used. If you want to hear City PD, be sure to also put in talk group 1861. That is talk around for PD.

captfish

Premium Subscriber
The Radio Reference database is up to date with the frq, and talkgroups for the Palmetto 800 and Horry County 80mhz systems. The biggest problem you will have with the HP2 is that the Horry County systems is Simulcast with 13 sites. This makes it hard to pick up without a SDS in some areas.

If you are using HomePatrol Sentinel you can make favorites list there from the database. Just make sure you update the RR database first.

Then go to edit favorites list and make new favorites list or two or if you want one for each group.

Then goto the database: USA, South Carolina, Horry, County Systems, Horry County. This will get you the County Fire/Ems, PD, Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach and other county dep. Then add them to favorites list you made.

You will also fine the MYR Airport on there to if you want to listen to the terrific there too.

Then goto the database: USA, South Carolina, Horry, Statewide, Palmetto. This will get you the state systems for Highway Patrol and state agencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.