Mystery 159.42

Status
Not open for further replies.

W1KNE

Rooting out dumbasses since 2011.
Database Admin
Joined
Feb 15, 2010
Messages
2,838
Reaction score
4,068
Location
Southern New England
Tonight, hearing on 159.4200 PL 123.0 (Not in the database, FYI , w/ that PL tone), police comms on FB2.

Discussion came up with a "vehicle left in Field 5 for the night, lost keys". Google Search of "Field 5" comes up with Robert Moses State Park in Babylon, NY.

New York State Office of Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation (OPRHP) - Long Island Region is licensed to 159.42, but not FB2. However there is a license for 159.42 as FB in North Babylon, NY.

So I don't know if this is the parks or not, using a new frequency/PL or what it could be.
 

W1KNE

Rooting out dumbasses since 2011.
Database Admin
Joined
Feb 15, 2010
Messages
2,838
Reaction score
4,068
Location
Southern New England
Further information:

License checks are definitely New York (Client ID)...
 

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
17,239
Reaction score
16,975
Location
BEE00
If I remember correctly, 123.0 is used on the repeater output, and 167.9 is used for simplex.

EDIT: Yeah, I just checked my notes and I'm showing 123.0 PL for the repeater...not sure why it was never listed.

I've updated the database.
 

scosgt

Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2004
Messages
1,295
Reaction score
29
It is Jones Beach Park Police. It has been in use and in the database for many years. I had scanners programmed for it at least 10-15 years ago.
HOWEVER

It appears they just started using a repeater. This summer I have been hearing it from home for the first time ever. In the past needed to be very near the beach to hear them.
 

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
17,239
Reaction score
16,975
Location
BEE00
It is Jones Beach Park Police. It has been in use and in the database for many years. I had scanners programmed for it at least 10-15 years ago.
HOWEVER

It appears they just started using a repeater. This summer I have been hearing it from home for the first time ever. In the past needed to be very near the beach to hear them.

With what PL, though?

The RR database had only 167.9 PL listed on the frequency. I have notes from at least two years ago showing that 123.0 PL was in use as a repeater, so it doesn't appear to have been put in place just this summer.

My notes state that the 167.9 PL was Jones Beach simplex, and the 123.0 PL was Robert Moses repeater.

Hopefully Phil or someone local can chime in, I'm a bit too far out to monitor reliably.
 

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
1,724
Reaction score
986
Location
Long Island, NY
My notes have 159.42 pl 167.9Hz a the simplex freq for Jones Beach. I believe I also noted that frequency in use right before the Jones Beach Air Show.

I have that frequency in my scanner now and will wait to see what PL comes up. I'm out of simplex range, so the only thing I should log, if anything, is the 123.0 Repeater Tone

FYI, Jones Beach also has a Field 5, which I believe is used for Concert Parking



edit: Just logged 123.0Hz pl tone. Unable to determine what or where they were talking about. Was on my way out of the room. I'll listen a bit more closely as they close the beaches for the night (around 6pm) to listen for any location hints.
 
Last edited:

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Nov 23, 2004
Messages
4,488
Reaction score
2,374
Location
AES-256 secured
My notes also show "NYSPP Jones Beach 159.420R PL 123.0 and 167.9 used as simplex." My notes also say "occasional use of TG 14-034 on Nassau County EDACS" but I don't see that listed in the DB if anyone can confirm as well.
 

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
1,724
Reaction score
986
Location
Long Island, NY
I haven't been able to confirm them on 14-034. If we can confirm it, I'll gladly add them in for Nassau.
 

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
1,724
Reaction score
986
Location
Long Island, NY
Without a doubt, this is used for Jones Beach. They are working on getting "customers" in to the concert tonight. Coordinating Field 4 and 5 traffic, pedestrian bridge, and entrance gates.

Units are in the 920 range, plus HQ.

It sounds like some of the concert goer are "hitting the sauce" a bit early. Some "domestics" in the parking fields.

As far as the 14-034 TG goes, it wouldn't surprise me that it is a NYS talk group. My notes show Troop L has groups 14-035 through 14-037, but I have personally only logged them on 14-035 and 14-036
 

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
17,239
Reaction score
16,975
Location
BEE00
Alright, both PL's are listed in the database now, so it should cover both instances.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top