Nantucket

mr1scan

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I'm going to Nantucket for 4-5 days I have not been able to get the ferry freq used by the boat, I did find 1 vhf freq but I believe they are using DMR and I can not locate it.
Thanks you

ecps92

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Sadly, monitoring those boats seems to be an unpopular activity , so we haven't received many updates on their uses over the years. At SNE, we have a member on the cape, Jeff, who is the one who regularly updates on those things.

mr1scan

Premium Subscriber
Thank you all for the response.
I'll try again and if I get anything I will update the group.

mr1scan

Premium Subscriber
Hi all thanks for the info.
Nantucket is on a new system Nantucket TRS
Police TG 11 is encrypted
I think the Sheriffs are also on with PD or they have a separate TG they have same portables.
FD TG 12
Schools TG 44
School bus TG 41
Airport TG 52
Unk TG 32
the hospital is also using this system with ALOT of portables unk TG (I would like to know it still looking)
Steamship is on BearCom RDC trunk but not much traffic only hear the end of 1 transmission. I think the ship might use a different freq for the crew.
I might be going out again I'll be looking for more.
Good luck

AJ1L

Premium Subscriber
Hi all thanks for the info.
Nantucket is on a new system Nantucket TRS
Police TG 11 is encrypted
I think the Sheriffs are also on with PD or they have a separate TG they have same portables.
FD TG 12
Schools TG 44
School bus TG 41
Airport TG 52
Unk TG 32
the hospital is also using this system with ALOT of portables unk TG (I would like to know it still looking)
Steamship is on BearCom RDC trunk but not much traffic only hear the end of 1 transmission. I think the ship might use a different freq for the crew.
I might be going out again I'll be looking for more.
Good luck

This is not a new system, it has been running for several years. Here's what the RR database has for it: