Nc Ale Freqs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darned04

I See The Freqs On The Database, But They Must Be On Others,could They Be On Viper? Does Anyone Pick Them Up? I Have A Uniden Bc 785d And Get Everyone Else But The Ale Seems To Elude Me, Any Help?

JerGoTV3

With my experience they do a lot of their communications with Nextel, push-to-talk, type thing.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
In the Triangle (Wake County at least) they use the Wake County system (VIPER)...sometimes I get the feeling they don't think anyone can monitor them :cool:

Edit: JerGo is also somewhat right...they also you Nextel here as well but you would be surprised how much radio traffic there is around Wake County...

JerGoTV3

Down here along the coast, slim to none is how often I've heard them. Maybe I just need to move up to the Triangle to hear more stuff. ;)

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
JerGoTV3 said:
Down here along the coast, slim to none is how often I've heard them. Maybe I just need to move up to the Triangle to hear more stuff. ;)

We just need to get ya set with a digital scanner brother....they are using digital (though unencrypted) TGs :D
Wake County has a hell of a lot to listen to...I will tell ya that much...between the event channels & ALE & Wake Fire/EMS and VIPER techs sometimes I feel like I am going to need about 10 digital scanners to be able to hear everything :D

radiotrack1

Feed Provider
They are still on 42.840 in Robeson County although it is dead unless they are doing bust and even then you need to be within 5 or 10 miles to hear them.

kg4uad

Western end of the state here and they almost always use cell phones since nextel's coverage is only near the interstates, on select occasions will hear them on local law enforcements frequencies but usually only for joint operations.

bagmouse7

Premium Subscriber
I also wonder if someone has told the users of the new system that they can not be monitored.
I hear alot of personal "phone call" type conversations on the system, which is really suprising to me.
I have a feeling that someone, who should know better, has told them that their new digital radio system can't be monitored by the "scanner users"...
In any case hope they keep on thinking this, as the conversations are pretty funny!

KE4ZNR said:
In the Triangle (Wake County at least) they use the Wake County system (VIPER)...sometimes I get the feeling they don't think anyone can monitor them :cool:

Edit: JerGo is also somewhat right...they also you Nextel here as well but you would be surprised how much radio traffic there is around Wake County...

Status
Not open for further replies.