Nc Forest Service Frequency Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMPDCOP

Database Admin
Can anyone give me a frequency guide for the NC Forest Service. Ilive in Nash County and would like to get a full guide, with tones and repeaters. I am a Rocky Mount Police Officer and would like to have these. If anyone does can you email me at brown_bg@earthlink.net

52to12

RR data base NC,DENR

For starters try the RR data base. Click on NC , D.E.N.R., scroll to bottom uploads and revelant files. As i understand it, forestry has abandoned all low band freqs. Good luck!

RMPDCOP

Database Admin
Nc Forestry Frequencies

Thanks for the reply. Not all those freqs are correct. They are using Hi band now and I have found that the Rocky Mount area is 151.310 w/pl of 88.5. I also found that the repeater is 159.375 w/pl of 110.9. I just want to know if that is correct.

CCHLLM

What's incorrect? They are and have been using high band for primary comm for some time now. In fact, I discontinued use of my low band Syntor a year ago. 151.310 PL 88.5 IS what's listed on the map for District 5 repeater OUTPUT, 159.375 PL 110.9 is the repeater INPUT freq for the Farmville site, and CH 8 low band is the correct low band freq for District 5. The control stations at each county office and district HQ are programmed the same as the mobiles (most ARE mobile units on a power supply with remote consoles and handsets), so if you're hearing what you think is a repeater in the Rocky Mount area on 159.375, you're most likely hearing the control station at the district HQ talking to the Farmville repeater site. They can select any repeater site in the district directly through the control station, and it's very likely that the new digital microwave system will also allow them to also use it to control some sites. That is, if the proposed microwave linking has come to fruition. Can't confirm that it has at this time.

I'm looking at the official state published freq list and it's the source for the freqs listed on the map, and since I've confirmed these freqs as valid through the programming in my own radios, and since I program radios for the cooperators from time to time, I hope my info is correct. I find nothing in the FCC database listing 159.375 as anything but a repeater INPUT freq, but we all know that may lag behind from time to time. Anybody that can post VALID confirmed freqs and tone, please do so and I'll update the map.

There are apparently still mucho NCFS units with low band radios in eastern NC since the forest cooperators (Weyerhauser, Boise Cascade, etc) are still on low band and probably won't abandon the freqs, but they seem to be seldom used for daily ops or firefighting anymore. I have considered deleting the low band CH numbers beside the D numbers, so that deletion is probably the next update.

On that same note, some of the county ranger numbers are in error - they came from an old list, and I'll get those taken care of as soon as I can. If anybody knows of those errors, please confirm the correct numbers and I'll make 'em right.

Last edited:

RMPDCOP

Database Admin
Nc Forest Service Freq. Guide

I am sorry if I upset anyone, that was not my intention to do so. I understand that your information published is very accurate. I come to this site for many of my freqs. Thank you for helping me out with this. I have a couple of radios in my truck and I like to have as many frequencies as I can.
I also had one in my patrol car until I got hurt in September. I got shot in the line of duty and have been trying to recover but I like to keep up with everything going on. Thanks again for the information.

RMPDCOP

Database Admin
Nc Forest Service Freq. Guide.

I tried down loading that map ad frequencies but it came in scrambled. Can you e-mail me that freq. list it will be very helpful to me. Thank you again for your help. My e-mail address is brown_bg@earthlink.net.

CCHLLM

My apologies if I came across as upset, and especially since you've put your life on the line for the rest of us. I do tend to be direct sometimes, but I wasn't offended. My pet peave with internet conversation is the lack of ways to interpret what's actually being said since we can't hear each others' intonations or see body language. Smilies and such do little to help either.

I'll email the map to you later today when I get home, and I'll toss in my complete freq list for USFS and NCFS freqs.

pboy

wx4cbh said:
My pet peave with internet conversation is the lack of ways to interpret what's actually being said since we can't hear each others' intonations or see body language.

Don't know whether I would want to see body language of some of the people on the internet.

RMPDCOP

Database Admin
NCFS frequency guide

I got the e-mail. Thank you for the valuable information. It is a great guide. Thanks again for all of your hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.