NCC Fireboard Tones

aslc

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed in the past few days that NCC Fireboard dispatch tones sound different on the Broadcastify feed. Does anyone know if they've made some kind of change to the tones? If not, I guess the feed provider has made some change to the audio.

Also, not related to the tone issue mentioned above, I've noticed that the first second or two of the voice announcement after the tones is often cut off. Sometimes you can't hear the station number. Does anyone know if this is an issue monitoring dispatch on the trunked system?

Does anyone know if this is an issue monitoring dispatch on the trunked system?
Tones are only sent over conventional frequencies, so you are most likely missing the first few seconds while the scanner moves to the trunked channels.

aslc

Premium Subscriber
Yes, pagers only operate on the conventional freq but the transmission, including tones, is simulcast on the TRS (N-DISP). I can hear it on both when in area. Not sure if Broadcastify feed is sending from conventional or TRS.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed in the past few days that NCC Fireboard dispatch tones sound different on the Broadcastify feed. Does anyone know if they've made some kind of change to the tones? If not, I guess the feed provider has made some change to the audio.

Also, not related to the tone issue mentioned above, I've noticed that the first second or two of the voice announcement after the tones is often cut off. Sometimes you can't hear the station number. Does anyone know if this is an issue monitoring dispatch on the trunked system?
A note that in our county (AACo in MD) the CAD system sequences the tones, and *occasionally* the dispatcher doesn't key their mic before they start their verbal dispatch. Another note, FTO is sent over a P25P2 simulcast TG in Talbot County, MD.