need a liitle programing a bc246t

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasongiard

Premium Subscriber
i live in auburn ma tring to put in state police but im doing something wrong not shure about system/standard or splinter and do i have to do that fleet map thanks jason

n2mdk

The system will be Standard and you can forget about Fleetmaps it's a Moto type II system.

jasongiard

Premium Subscriber
so after i put the type standard just put all freqencies in one after the other no order than hit scan ??

n2mdk

Set it to standard, input the control channels primary and alternate for the site you want to monitor. Under Edit System Options scroll to Control Channel Only set it to on. Then hit scan if you don't want to enter the Talkgroup ID's make sure it scans in iD Search
If you want to enter all the frequencies in a site you can they you don't have to set it to CC Only but it wastes time, and memory space.

JnglMassiv

so after i put the type standard just put all freqencies in one after the other no order than hit scan ??
You might find it more useful (in the beginning, anyway) to use the Search feature rather than the Scan. Search will bring up any active talkgroup on the system while Scan will require you to have gone the extra step of programming scanned TG's. Once you get that working, you can zero in on those talkgroups that you're most interested in.

n2mdk

You might find it more useful (in the beginning, anyway) to use the Search feature rather than the Scan. Search will bring up any active talkgroup on the system while Scan will require you to have gone the extra step of programming scanned TG's. Once you get that working, you can zero in on those talkgroups that you're most interested in.

To get the radio into ID Search or ID Scan you still have to hit scan, Scan will toggle between the 2 on the 246

Status
Not open for further replies.