Need a portable scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

OPIE333

What do I need to buy?? Im so interested in the scanner because of the BS the local law puts us through around here! I'm a tax paying citizen that makes over a 100K a year. Last night I was down at my farm, I like to go down to the farm in the evening and have a couple beers with my buddy's. I might add we are not a bunch of kids or wild drunks im the youngest one down there and I'm 35. We are usually in the bed a sleep by 9:00. We have no history with the law. Our farm is down a dirt road all the way home! our local law sets up a road block at both ends of the dirt road that we leave on! None of us had a scanner THAT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN! PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I NEED WE ARE READY TO DROP SOME BUCKS! ON A SCANNER AND RADAR DETECTOR! I live 72556 izard county!

N8IAA

OPIE333

Im thinking of ether Radio Shack PRO-106 or the GRE PSR-500. Witch one would you guys recomend? and who can I get to program it and where is the best place to buy?

mdickerson17

If the cops are setting up road blocks would a scanner even make a difference? and as far as radar is there a speed limit on dirt roads?

OPIE333

Yes it would help! If your out it the middle of nowhere and you here the cops talking on the radio running Lic plates and such you will at least know to call somebody to drive you home. Im not saying were out on some highway driving drunk like a bunch of idiots. We are talking about the law coming out to a rural dirt road and picking on a group of guys that ages range from 35-65, that have a little money just to generate some revenue. If you can't tell im pissed off! The only reason I know it will work is because we had another buddy listen to the hole thing on his scanner. I just need to know what to buy and where to buy it, and who can program it?

rvictor

Frankly, you have an exaggerated view of what a scanner can do for you. Many police agencies can dispatch by computer and don't need the radios at all. Some use cell phones for things that they don't want people to hear. Similarly, many can run plates, etc. by computer. You may spot them the first time, but after that (unless they aren't real bright) they'll get you anyway. All you'll do is encourage them by making a game out of it. And the bottom line is that you will likely lose because from what you've said, you and your friends are, in fact, driving under the influence.

You'd be better off saving your money to pay the fines.

Dick

mdickerson17

Seriously if these cops are waiting for every time you get drunk than maby its just cause they dont want you to drink and drive! Its not just about hurting other people but yourself as well! I really dont think your age has anything to do with whats going on, just because your older (35-65) doesn't mean your a better drunk driver or a more responsible drunk driver! Honestly your getting a scanner for the wrong reason, (to avoid getting caught) its reasons like this that they use encryption, opensky, ect. Oh and police use codes on there radios so even if you got a scanner and didnt know the codes you'd still be in the same boat! Just drink at home man! I'm not sayin this to be a a-hole its just the truth!

ffemt601

\ If you can't tell im pissed off! The only reason I know it will work is because we had another buddy listen to the hole thing on his scanner. I just need to know what to buy and where to buy it, and who can program it?

Well if your buddy has a scanner that works then I would recommend asking him what model scanner he has and who programmed it for him. Additionally using a scanner in the commission of a crime is a crime within itself. Stop drinking and driving and it wont be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.