Need advice on filter capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BorisBadinov

I am mounting a 120 cm 12 Vdc cooling fan to my RM ITALY KL 60 amp for 12Vdc mobile use. Both units will be supplied in parallel by a dash-mounted rocker switch. I want to make sure the fan doesn't induce a buzz into the xmit of the amp. Amp frequency range is 26-28 Mhz. How do I figure out what type and value of filter cap that I should use on that circuit? Fan runs @ 3900 RPM, and 51 dBA. Thanks for any advice!

zz0468

QRT
Banned
You can't figure out what's needed for a filter capacitor with information supplied. 51 dBa is acoustic noise level, which has nothing whatsoever to do with any electrical noise it may create.

Install it, then if you have a problem, you can ask for advice based on the specific symptoms you observe. You're more likely to have electrical noise affect your receiver than your transmitter. The fix would depend on how it's getting into the radio.

BorisBadinov

Thanks, that's pretty much what I thought. That's all the info listed for the fan, except that it moves 135 cubic feet of air per minute. The fan is currently in transit. I appreciate your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.