• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anytone Need advice on how to program a anytone up-878 dmr for public service monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

wc8i

Premium Subscriber
Hi guys I hope some one can tell me how to program my anytone 878 dmr radio to monitor a police dmr frequency, I have them programmed in my scanner and since I don’t use dmr on the armature bands much I would like to use it to listed to a local dmr frequency which is police, I turned on the professional mode in the 878 in the program I no the color code and slot but from there I’m a little lost, I don’t think I would half to use the zones, anyone done this that might be nice enough to tell me the steps?I ask on some of the dmr sites and all I got was negative comments, everyone stay safe and god bless bill wc8i

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
Put in the frequency, then turn on Dual Monitor (Promiscuous Mode). You don't need to do anything else. With the Anytone, you don't even need the color code to monitor, but you can put it in if you want.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
I turned on the professional mode in the 878 in the program
Don't turn on the Professional Mode... leave this setting on Amateur. Professional Mode would limit your ability to make any changes or call certain functions from the keypad. ("Professional" as in "Don't want the employees fiddling with the radio settings")

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
I don’t think I would half to use the zones, anyone done this that might be nice enough to tell me the steps?
Once you save a frequency to a memory channel, you'll need to add the memory channel to a zone or you won't be able to recall the channel. (It's much easier to use the programming application if you're not already doing so.)

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Put in the frequency, then turn on Dual Monitor (Promiscuous Mode). You don't need to do anything else. With the Anytone, you don't even need the color code to monitor, but you can put it in if you want.
I assume alcahuete is talking about VFO mode and I would add to make sure digital has been channel type selected and showing DIG in the upper left corner. Learned promiscuous mode works in VFO mode from a thread I was in the other day.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
I assume alcahuete is talking about VFO mode and I would add to make sure digital has been channel type selected and showing DIG in the upper left corner. Learned promiscuous mode works in VFO mode from a thread I was in the other day.

Either or. It works as a channel or in VFO mode. As long as the frequency is in somewhere (DIG, as you mentioned), promiscuous mode will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.