need help finding some thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

raymondjtoth

Premium Subscriber
hi im in desplaines il were can i find the elamentry school and school bus in town i see high school want to add them were on rr site can i find it thansk ray toth

raymondjtoth

Premium Subscriber
i know that info, were can i find them or places tgo look for eleamentry school i dont see them on rr site the elamentry one any were on interent were to find bus company?

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Try searching for school district or bus company licenses on the FCC ULS page here. If you don't come up with any license results, they may be leasing repeaters and radios from a 3rd party vendor under FCC Part 90.35. You can also try entering the school's address on Antennafinder.com to see if any antennas exist on that site. If all else fails, visit the site with a close call enabled scanner and see if you get any hits (try to be as discreet as you can to avoid trouble)

Happy signal hunting!

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
all school buses will have their company name on each side of the bus. doesn't matter if the school is elementary, middle, high school, catholic school...watch for the buses, jot down the name and then refer to the link i sent.

raymondjtoth

Premium Subscriber
ok thanks rich but how i know what one if got 2 one come buy other dont but i dont see elamentry school listed here were i find them

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
i'd listen to the frequencies for those companies and see if you can deduce which company is serving which school...a little detective work. or drive by the schools in question aboit 15-20 min before afternoon dismissal and note which buses are where.

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
district web page is a good idea. also the city web page. google search...school in zip code xxxxx

W9OHM

If you are looking for Des Plaines Elementary Dist 62, First Student is the bus company. I haven't looked for the possible freqs.

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
the First Student frequencies are in the link i sent you. whether those are the correct frequencies is another story. a check of the FCC database should tell you more.

Status
Not open for further replies.