Need help getting channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller214

I recently bought a Home Patrol scanner to monitor my local police dispatch but cannot get anything from them, i live in Kennewick and there is a lawtalk in the database for this but it does not connect. I do not get the richland police either but i do get the Pasco police dispatch and the Benton county emergency services clearly. My wife bought this scanner specifically to monitor what is happening in our neighborhood so i would really appreciate any help.

Miller214

home patrol

I can get the benton and franklin county ems channels, that is fire and ambulance and i can get pasco police dispatch but i cannot get kennewick or richland police dispatch. the uniden tech says that they are on a different system but that i should still be able to get them. I have the kennewick police dispatch and the car to car in my database.

SCPD

QRT
I believe.. don't quote me but I think all police agencies in Benton County are dispatched by sheriff. Except Prosser. Prosser has their own PSAP, Prosser PD "Papa/Paul" units. Richland is "Romeo/Robert" West Richland is "Wiskey/West" Kennewick PD is "Kilo/King" units BCSO is "County".

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
Prosser merged with SECOMM, the 911 agency for Benton County earlier this year. All law in Benton County is P25 on the trunk system.

Miller214

From reading his post, I would say that it is responding to some agencies......

it does respond to some agencies but they are on a different kind of system according to the uniden tech person, according to him i should be able to receive the digital channels that kennewick and richland use.
does anyone else get the kennewick police dispatch or does anyone else not get them or any suggestions on how to get them

poorfarm

Miller214

I copy Benton county all the time. The system does not come in clear all the time has the digital distoration like they are under water. I have had to play with antenna trying to get the best reception .The WSP is also digital here and the come in clear. I am not sure how the home portal programs but here is link to site Benton County Emergency Services (BCES) Project 25 Radio System Trunking System, Benton County, Washington - Scanner Frequencies

I actually get the benton county ems and fire and pasco police dispatch clearly because they are still analog and i am supposed to get the digital channels that are on the Project 25 simulcast system that kennewick uses but it just does not come in although i found out if i turn the squelch down to two bars i sometimes get the kennewick dispatch, doing this makes for a lot of static on the other channels though

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I actually get the benton county ems and fire and pasco police dispatch clearly because they are still analog and i am supposed to get the digital channels that are on the Project 25 simulcast system that kennewick uses but it just does not come in although i found out if i turn the squelch down to two bars i sometimes get the kennewick dispatch, doing this makes for a lot of static on the other channels though

Be sure atten is not turned on.

Status
Not open for further replies.