Need help looking for new Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParamusCO4

I am a volunteer Fire Fighter in Paramus NJ Bergen County. I am looking to find out if anyone know’s if the area's around me will be going Digital anytime soon or not.

Also what radio is best I have been looking at the BCT15 and the GRE PSR-400 I think those are the correct numbers. I am interested in listen to the surrounding towns Fire, Police and Ambulance.

Any help in choosing the best radio for this would be greatfull.

hoser147

Check your area in the database and check out the Wiki both links above. There is a wealth of information there. Welcome to Radio Reference.......................Hoser

ParamusCO4

I appologixe for the NOOB question but I do not see anything listed to find out if and when agencies arround my area will go Digital or not. Can you point me in the right direction.

N8IAA

I am a volunteer Fire Fighter in Paramus NJ Bergen County. I am looking to find out if anyone know’s if the area's around me will be going Digital anytime soon or not.

Also what radio is best I have been looking at the BCT15 and the GRE PSR-400 I think those are the correct numbers. I am interested in listen to the surrounding towns Fire, Police and Ambulance.

Any help in choosing the best radio for this would be greatfull.
The best place to ask is in the New Jersey forum. People there will know more than those of us not in NJ. My guess is that with the proposed P-25 site for Bergen county, that there is a digital scanner in your future.

Larry

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yes, the NJ forum is a place to start - but also see the NNJ-Scan Yahoo group - there's a wealth of information to be had there.

Once you have settled on a scanner, use the wiki to do your research and help make a decision

73 Mike

hoser147

I appologixe for the NOOB question but I do not see anything listed to find out if and when agencies arround my area will go Digital or not. Can you point me in the right direction.

You can probably find alot of answers to your questions about digital thru your own department, check with the chief and your local EMA/Homeland Security office. It would stink to put the money out there only to have to change to digital in the near or not to distant future. Hoser

Status
Not open for further replies.