Need help programing BCD996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

batcave5588

I just bought the scanner and im having a little trouble figuring out how to program in the trunking systems for my area Catawba, NC I have gone trough the uniden manual and the easy to read manual and it not very clear what to enter and where. I have found the system info here Voice Interoperability Plan for Emergency Responders (VIPER) Trunking System, Various, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies and I have gotten as far as Program system, LT, and thats it not sure how to proceed. I assume that this info needs to be entered (21232 52f D CATSODISP1 Catawba County Sheriff Dispatch1) ? Any help getting started would much appreciated Thanks

batcave5588

im not sure if its LT or p25 I should be using.

Voice Interoperability Plan for Emergency Responders (VIPER) Motorola Type II SmartZone Omnilink
Voice Interoperability Plan for Emergency Responders (VIPER) Project 25 Project 25 Phase I (FDMA)

when scanning trough public services p25 comes up on the screen when somthing is coming trough. But when searching for the approprte system Motorola Type II SmartZone Omnilink is suppose to be LT. I dont know what the heck im doing

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Here's something to help you understand trunking - just read the first 2 links (anything in blue is a link) in the Overview section of;

Trunked Radio Systems - The RadioReference Wiki

Put the Uniden manual aside, and concentrate on the Easier to Read manual. It takes most of us some time to learn how to think in terms of DMA, so don't get frustrated. You might consider going down to the North Carolina forum and asking for a file. Before you do that, though, you will need to get the 996XT and PC connected. This is done via a USB-serial port. You can then use FreeScan (it's freeware) to do the programming (be sure to ask for a FreeScan file - not all formats are interchangeable) . Here are a few links to get you going;

Programming Your Uniden Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

See the 'Connecting Scanners via USB' link at the top, and at the bottom, look at the 'Uniden DMA Software Support' article. The 'FreeScan User Guide' is also linked there. In the User Guide, click on the 'Making the Connection' link which summarizes how to set up the DMA scanner's ports.

North Carolina Radio Discussion Forum - The RadioReference.com Forums

best regards..Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.