Need help with a trunked system

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubedoDragon

Hello, I was wondering if I could get some tech help on a certain transportation trunked system. The FCC listing for this page is ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Trunked License - WQMY741 - CITY AND RURAL RIDES RURAL TRANSPORTATION DISTRICT. I programmed a few of these frequencies into my portable analog scanner and the quick frequency entry on my HP-1 but all I seem to hear is data from what seems to be a computer (fast pulses). I was wondering if anyone could tell me which frequency based on the FCC database that I could program to hear the communications? I have been on the buses myself and pretty sure it is a motorola system. They seems to have steady communications between base and the buses but the RR database frequency on my HP-1 doesn't pick up anything. Any help would be appreciated. If you need any other info, let me know.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
On that FCC page if you click on the "Frequencies" tab, then click on Define View - "Emission", you will see emission designators 7K60FXE and 7K60FXD.

This is a MOTOTRBO digital system, which can not be monitored by any scanner. You might be able to decode it using DSD software and a scanner with a discriminator tap.

Last edited:

RubedoDragon

Well, thanks for the information, I looked up how to install discriminator taps and it seems like alot of work to just hear one bus line. :p They had to have switched to it recently (I'm guessing 2010 based on FCC), used to pick them up on analog.

Status
Not open for further replies.