Need help with programing IC-R7100

Status
Not open for further replies.

coastwatcher

Hi all, I recently aquired the above radio for the sole purpose of scanning. I have a lot of expierence with Uniden and RS scanners ,but this is a horse of another color.After reading the manual several times to the point of boggleing my mind, I give up.
Are there places where for a fee, they will progaam your banks, via computer. I live in the Philly suburbs, and have contacted the two ham shops, and they don't even want to talk about Icom. One told me to throw it in the trash. Any input I would be grateful for. Duke

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The R7100 is not a scanner; it's a receiver that has some scan capabilities, albeit very slow at that. If you bought it for scanning, you made a bad choice. Particularly being in the Philly suburbs you'd likely be better off with a digital trunktracker, if you are close enough to the Philly area to get their system (which is generally set up not to cover the burbs all that well...). I'd check with the Phillyscanner Yahoo group and the Pa. forum to find something more suitable.

Anyway, everything we have on the R7100 can be found here (anything in blue is a link)

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/IC-R7100

73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.