need help with this freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdeveau2010

I live in dayville ct, about 5 miles from the rhode island boarder, I know this freq.comes from ri but I do not know who it is with that pl number.

scottymcneill8657

Premium Subscriber
Nothing in RI or in your state. Only match found in surrounding states was "154.81500 in-155.97000 out 141.3 PL WNQR202 Police Southampton (Town) Municipalities Suffolk (New York)".

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Wouldn't be the first time someone used an unlicensed frequency, even in public safety. That was the "fun" in the old days (before great sites like RR), listening and trying to figure out who it was.

ecps92

1st - what type of traffic are you hearing. Police / Fire / DPW ??
2nd - could it be one of the NB channels +/- from 154.8150 ie 154.8075 or 154.8225
3rd - what makes you so sure it is RI ??

I live in dayville ct, about 5 miles from the rhode island boarder, I know this freq.comes from ri but I do not know who it is with that pl number.

pdeveau2010

After some research and help from good friends :)

You are hearing Southampton Town, not Village Police on Long Island

is that possiable? thats a bit far from me, the farthest I can officially hear so far has been portsmouth RI

I thought maybe it was URI College security, they have that freq. listed but no PL.

I am using an ST 2 antenna only 5 feet off the ground.

ecps92

Right across the Water... Shortest Hope since there is No Land
Also the VHF band has had some nice openings of late

Please Reply to post #8 if you feel the information was not correct then.

is that possiable? thats a bit far from me, the farthest I can officially hear so far has been portsmouth RI

I thought maybe it was URI College security, they have that freq. listed but no PL.

Last edited:

ecps92

When it was used by RI this was the "Washington County Police Regional Net" and used 118.8, which is why URL is/was licensed for it

Status
Not open for further replies.