BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech1

I installed the ARC-XT Pro Software and my computer can't connect to my scanner, because every USB port I connect to tells me its already being used. I am batting a big fat Zero. I tried to set the COM PORT several times and no luck.

Ubbe

Yes, it says it previously have been used and have a driver and config associated with it. But that is no problem, you can re-use any port. The device that had it earlier will easily install itself on another port when you connect it.

/Ubbe

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
At this point the DMR Key means nothing. >>> I wasted $60.00 on this garbage.

There is nothing wrong with the DMR key or the upgrade process, it works for everyone else. It is not "garbage".

What instructions ? Where ?

I gave you the link to the instructions and suggested that you read them very carefully in post #9 above. One of the clearly spelled out instructions is to download and *UN-ZIP* the file.

I installed the ARC-XT Pro Software and my computer can't connect to my scanner, because every USB port I connect to tells me its already being used. I am batting a big fat Zero. I tried to set the COM PORT several times and no luck.

The upgrade process runs just fine on Windows 8.1. So does ARCxt-Pro. Sounds like you are having issues with your computer which you should look into before claiming that the upgrade is "garbage".

Tech1

The firmware has to be updated for me to install the Key Code. It would be nice if one of you lived in my area to help me with this.

Tech1

I reinstalled the BC_VUP_V3_03_00.zip file. I checked my program list and it states, BC_VUP3, Uniden, 1.17MB, Version 3.3.0 . When I downloaded the zip file it was downloaded to my "Downloads" section of my C Drive, plus my program list. It's obvious now to connect my scanner to my computer. I did make a desktop shortcut for this program. What is next ?

Tech1

Good News: I have installed the driver for my scanner and have establish a COM Port connection to my ARC-XT Pro Software. I found complete instructions on the Scanner Master web site for this procedure.

Tech1

Good News Part 2: It took a long time but I was able to figure everything else out. It took a lot of trouble shooting on my part and long hours. I was able to decipher all the details and do the Firmware Update. I scrolled down the menu selection and saw the word "Upgrade" and checked the Firmware
version and it said 1.07.06. Thank you to everyone for there input.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.