need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffphotog

Scanner fell 1 second in water. I was able to get it out quickly, and get it dried off. The scanner cleared all the memory removing all the frequencys.

Now I went to my butel software to reload and I get this error,

Error creating new system, No Resources available or system type not supported by this model.

Can anyone help???

rwier

An "old wives tale" that I've heard many times over the years: Bury the device deep in cheap white rice (5 lbs?). Wait a long time (maybe a year?). Dig it out and shake it off. If it doesn't come back to life then, it's probably a goner.

wbswetnam

An "old wives tale" that I've heard many times over the years: Bury the device deep in cheap white rice (5 lbs?). Wait a long time (maybe a year?). Dig it out and shake it off. If it doesn't come back to life then, it's probably a goner.

I've tried this twice, with cell phones. Neither time did this trick work, unfortunately. Unprotected electronics just do not like water.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You might be at the "Hail Mary" time. I'd try doing a Factory Reset (don't know what model you have, so I can't give the precise instructions, but you can search this site for them). Then try re-programming.

I'm sure you've given it more than a few moments to dry, such as a couple of days in front of a fan.

If worst comes to worst, you could look into sending it off to Uniden for repair. If they can't fix it, there may be a discount available for a comparable model. https://repair.uniden.com/rates.cfm and https://repair.uniden.com/repairInstruct.cfm

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
You might be at the "Hail Mary" time. I'd try doing a Factory Reset (don't know what model you have, so I can't give the precise instructions, but you can search this site for them). Then try re-programming.

I'm sure you've given it more than a few moments to dry, such as a couple of days in front of a fan.

If worst comes to worst, you could look into sending it off to Uniden for repair. If they can't fix it, there may be a discount available for a comparable model. https://repair.uniden.com/rates.cfm and https://repair.uniden.com/repairInstruct.cfm
He's got the 325P2.

To do a reset on that scanner, and the unit turned off, press and Hold Down the Hold, 2, and 9 keys then press the power button to turn the scanner on. Don't release the Hold-2-&9 keys until the scanner starts to power on.

There may be a slim chance that your problem is water remaining in the scanner, more specifically the USB port (since you indicate it tries to turn on, but the memory is erased & your software cannot "see" the scanner). You might try leaving the scanner in a warm, dry, place, perhaps near a vent for your heating system, that stays warm due to air circulation. If you're lucky, if the rest of the water evaporates, it may try to work. You could also try using a hair dryer to bathe it in warm air (keep the driver far enough away that air flow is only warm, not scorching hot). After allowing some additional drying time, then try the full reset & reprogramming.

If none of that works, then the scanner will need to go to Uniden for repair. Repair cost is a fl;at rate $79.95, with an additional $10 for return shipping, $89.95 total. (You pay the shipping to Uniden, they handle the return, hence the $10 cost.)

Ubbe

Can you enter a single analog conventional frequency manually using the keypad to the scanners memory?

Usually you have to open up the scanner and take a brush and use alcohol/isopropanol and brush everywhere, really drench the circuit boards, and let the alcohol have access under components so it might not leave any water there when the alcohol waporise. Use compressed air in a spray bottle to blow out any remians of water/alcohol.

/Ubbe

ffphotog

325P2

So I tried a reset, nothing happened , I can put the weather channel on and that works has any seen that message Error creating new system, No Resources available or system type not supported by this model before? Could I be just missing something little?

kd7ckq

First thing that you do when you pull it out of the water is pull the batteries out.
Second thing is, most people don't leave it long enough in the rice. They get impatient and take it out too early and really kill it trying to turn it back on. I usually do a week in the rice. But, living in AZ has it's advantages. Before monsoon hits, humidity is usually around 7%. I just put a fan on it.
So after you pop the batteries out. Follow Ubbe instructions on how to properly clean it after a dunking.

Status
Not open for further replies.