Need HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpdonala

Premium Subscriber
I took the big plung and modified my Pro-96 with a discriminator tap. 2 questions about trunker.
1.) What do you have to do to get it to work with windows XP? Yes I have read lots of articles still do not understand.
2.) Do you have to have a RS232 comm port or can you use a serial to usb converter?
Thanks for any help given. Mark

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Forgot to add that if you use the sound card, you do not need a data slicer (at least with UniTrunker you don't).

mpdonala

Premium Subscriber
Do you use just a mono cord and do you have to do anything special to get it to work? Read some articles that you have to get in the autoexec. file and add some verbage. Thnaks for your replies.

SCPD

QRT
mpdonala said:
Do you use just a mono cord and do you have to do anything special to get it to work? Read some articles that you have to get in the autoexec. file and add some verbage. Thnaks for your replies.

For DOS trunker and wTrunker - you can create a batch file that points to a text file which holds all your trunker settings. DOS trunker requires a legacy serial port and a slicer circuit. USB won't work but a PCMCIA / Cardbus serial adapter will. Run the SLICER.EXE utility to validate your setup. wTrunker requires sound input. Should work fine on XP. For Unitrunker, connect your audio input, run the program, and set your options from the menus. Before running any of the sound input programs ... you'll want to run an oscilloscope program like UniScope to validate your sound input.

-rick

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.