Pro-668: Need software

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlangle

I have a Radio Shack Pro-668 and I have lost the software disk in a recent move. I reloaded my computer and need to reload the software.

I have not been able to local it on the internet or from RS.

Please helpl

Thanks

pallen444

help with software.

you can get software on facebook radio shack pro 668 group its in the files.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I have a Radio Shack Pro-668 and I have lost the software disk in a recent move. I reloaded my computer and need to reload the software.

Please helpl

Thanks

The software was never on a disk, it was on the memory card. if you have not formatted it, It may still be on it.

trp2525

Please helpl

Thanks

You can download the PRO-668 iScan software executable (.exe) file right from the PRO-668 web page on the Radio Shack website. It is listed as "CPU Update" under "Downloadable Content" about halfway down the page and the file you will be downloading will be "PRO668.exe." When you run that file you will be able to update anything that you need to update (CPU Firmware, DSP Firmware, PC Application and the Library) right through that iScan software program.

Link to the PRO-668 page at the Radio Shack website: https://www.radioshack.com/products/radioshack-pro-668-handheld-iscan-digital-trunking-scanner

Direct link to the "PRO668" executable file: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0953/5270/files/PRO668.exe?14204073518063566193

icfishin

Sorry, I have deleted the software and do not have it available. Perhaps someone on the forum may be able to help.

DJ11DLN

https://www.radioshack.com/collecti...o-668-handheld-iscan-digital-trunking-scanner

Here's the link. Scroll down the page and you will find "Downloadable Content," and under that, "CPU Update." That's where you'll find the copy of iScan. Click the the link and when prompted, save the file.

Incidentally (and off-topic) I see that the 668 is once again on sale for $374, so if anyone wants to take a flyer on an only slightly overpriced but damn good scanner that unfortunately has no warranty or support...enjoy.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I tried this; is the application 'PRO668' which is what I got when I pressed the CPU Update link really iScan or is it just a firmware update (which is what the link suggests)?

It's not at all clear, that's for sure.

Mike

trp2525

I tried this; is the application 'PRO668' which is what I got when I pressed the CPU Update link really iScan or is it just a firmware update (which is what the link suggests)?

Mike

As I originally posted in post #10 in this thread on 02-02-2017, that "PRO668.exe" file download is in reality the executable file for the Radio Shack iScan software program. My post also includes a direct link to the file so that you don't even have to visit the Radio Shack website in order to download it. Leave it to Radio Shack to confuse their PRO-668 customers further by simply referring to it as a "CPU update" on their website!

kruser

Premium Subscriber

Mike

It appears to be the actual EZ-Scan application for the 668. Version 1.09 from 2004.
It's the actual application and not even an installer so one must add the exe extension onto the download to even run it.

edit: trp2525 beat me to it. It's odd that RS would call it a CPU Update and then not even include the files extension. I guess for radioshack, it's not really odd.

trp2525

It appears to be the actual EZ-Scan application for the 668. Version 1.09 from 2004.
It's the actual application and not even an installer so one must add the exe extension onto the download to even run it.

edit: trp2525 beat me to it. It's odd that RS would call it a CPU Update and then not even include the files extension. I guess for radioshack, it's not really odd.

Once you download the .exe file and run it you can then update iScan to the latest version which at this time is 2.05 (released 07-23-2015) for the PRO-668.

Radio Shack pulled a similar stunt when they released the 2.9 CPU update for the PRO-651 and gave it a file extension of ".ex" and left off the final "e" at the end. Of course the program wouldn't run as they had it on their website (and is still that way today) and some people were confused as to why the CPU update program wouldn't run. In addition that same 2.9 CPU update also applied to the PRO-652 but they never posted it on the PRO-652 web page (and still haven't till this day).

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yeah so typical of RS to make it difficult to find or use. I'll add this detail to our FAQ so that others can find it after this thread gets buried...thanks Mike

DJ11DLN

The Radio Shack of yesteryear was wonderful. Today's Radio Shack is, for lack of a better term, simply the work of the devil.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.