Need your quick thoughts on this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
Ok guys, just got my BR330T in the mail today new from CEI.
It's cool, scans good...blah, blah, blah...one thing though,

the display is crooked?!?!:confused:

Now I've took out my ruler and its hard to tell if its the actual display inside the scanner that's off a little or if it's the faceplate (window) with the nascar logo on it that's off.

Basically, the lower right corner of display almost touches the edge of the window opening when you're looking level at it.
Is it the end of the world, kinda, i'm a perfectionist when it comes to stupid stuff like this.
Does it affect scanner performance, no, i'm sure it doesn't.

What would you do? Would uniden laugh in my face if I complained about it?
After i post this i'll see if i can't get a picture to show you what i'm talking about.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
Brewkelyn said:
Ok guys, just got my BR330T in the mail today new from CEI.
It's cool, scans good...blah, blah, blah...one thing though,

the display is crooked?!?!:confused:

Now I've took out my ruler and its hard to tell if its the actual display inside the scanner that's off a little or if it's the faceplate (window) with the nascar logo on it that's off.

Basically, the lower right corner of display almost touches the edge of the window opening when you're looking level at it.
Is it the end of the world, kinda, i'm a perfectionist when it comes to stupid stuff like this.
Does it affect scanner performance, no, i'm sure it doesn't.

What would you do? Would uniden laugh in my face if I complained about it?
After i post this i'll see if i can't get a picture to show you what i'm talking about.
I'm like you, those little things annoy the hell out of me until I get them fixed. If it's the display itself, if you are handy with electronics, you might be able to straighten it out yourself by opening the scanner up (it might void the warranty). If you can't you might want to talk to Uniden about it. They shouldn't laugh at you, you spent alot of $$$ on it. :)

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
Ok this picture gives you an idea of what i'm talking about.
again nothing huge but noticeable...

Edit: Umm, bad shot, let me try it bigger

Last edited:

kg4ekc

send it back. They need to fix it or make it right. I am not a perfectionist but this would make even me crazy.

Greg

Go-24

yep if its crooked, send it back.

Let CEI know, they might get you a replacement sent out as you are sending this one back - that way you wont have to be without one for too long. They do have a 100% satisfaction guarantee ;) so you wont (shouldnt) have any problems doing so.

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
Thanks guys! I didn't think I'd be the only one to feel this way.

Looking at it more closely I've concluded that it is the faceplate, whatever you want to call it, the actual window that's crooked.

It's ashame....but like you all are saying CEI and/or Uniden should be reliable to gets this problem straighten out, pun intended. hehe

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
Well, just got off the phone with CEI, very nice fella.
Without me even describing the problem he told me to send it back for a replacement.
I felt a little rushed, you know, you want to make sure you follow any procedures for returning a unit correctly, so I just asked questions.

All I have to do is mail it back maybe with a note explaining why, and insure it...at my cost though. When they receive it they'll ship out a new one, at their cost.

So it sucks, I lose out on having this great scanner for another week, at least, and I have to dig deep for the shipping cost. :( Will it be $30 as they charge?? Oh well...

bonus1331

I have bought my last three scanners from CEI.
You should not have to eat shipping costs on a defective product.
I would fight that point.
I would assume that CEI should be reimbursed by Uniden.

Status
Not open for further replies.