Needing help to program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellimwodreact

Is there a individual that would be willing to assist me in programming a Radio Shack dual truck pro 524 I am trying to program Kansas city Missouri area, this would be for a elder gentleman once it's programmed
Thank You.

compuscan

Is there a individual that would be willing to assist me in programming a Radio Shack dual truck pro 524 I am trying to program Kansas city Missouri area, this would be for a elder gentleman once it's programmed
Thank You.

Do you mean a Radio Shack PRO-94 (20-524)?

compuscan

You can find the frequencies and other info in the Database here and you can find the programming manual here:

Pro-94 - The RadioReference Wiki

If your programming Motorola, it may or may not work because this radio does not support rebanding.

If it's analog EDACS, it should work fine. You program the frequencies in the order given on this site in a free bank of your choosing (after you select the EDACS mode) and most scanners will let you search for any ID's on that system. You can also program in the Talk Group IDs that you can also find on this site.

Basically, you press program, press trunk, press the # 1 to 10 to select bank, push the up or down key to select Ed to select EDACS and press the E key. Now enter the first frequency and press E, then "PROG", enter the next frequency and press E until you enter all the frequencies. Now you should be able to start trunking to search for any IDs on that system, it should stop on any traffic. You can also program in any ID's you just want to listen to and ignore the rest on the system.

Best to just follow the manual below with the frequencies and Ids you find here.

Here is an easy manual to understand about programming this radio.

Easier to Read Pro 94 Scanner Manual

If it's the A or B version, look here (you can tell if it's an A or B version by the cat # on the back under the belt clip).

Easier to Read Pro-94A/B Scanner Manual

gregjolly

Feed Provider
The Pro-94 won't do KC Missouri/Jackson County area. They use a digital trunking system MARRS. The Pro-94 is analog trunking. You'll need to purchase a digital scanner.

compuscan

You can still program in any conventional frequencies and any analog Motorola or EDACS trunking systems if you have any in your area.

Not all is lost. You can still listen to the Air band, HAM band, Marine band, Weather band, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.