Needing some help, i have a bcd325p2 and a gps unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt351

I have a Uniden BC-SGPS, Universal Receiver Module Kit, Simple Solution to Connect GPS Enabled Scanner along with a Uniden BC-UTGC GPS USB Cable for use with BCD325P2 Handheld TrunkTracker V Scanner. I also have a bcd325p2. I have tried and tried to set up all the cords correctly and my scanner says the gps is not working. Prior to getting the gps unit I have tried many many times to program my local county frequencies using the scanner using proscan and freescan. I have read the owners manual and have watched all the pertinent youtube videos and various documents. I'm so close.... Is there anyway someone more knowledgeable than myself could take a little time out of their day and possibly help me. I would show so much gratitude and pay it forward to help anyone with something I know could help them. Thanks..

tvengr

Well Known Member
On the scanner, do this: Press MENU > Scroll to Settings > Press E > Scroll to Set GPS Baudrate > Press E > Scroll to 9600 bps > Press E > Press SCAN to exit menus.

jmt351

I have a uniden bcdp25 and I am absolutely lost, I have tried to program frequencies using phase 2, nxdn, etc.. I even got a gps unit that didnt work, can anyone help me, I live in Baxter Cty AR i have researched and researched to no avail.. It would be a godsend because i have had this scanner 3 weeks and have yet to have any traffic

donc13

Premium Subscriber
I am unable to find a 'Baxter City' in AR. I can find a 'Baxter' in Drew County

That what you are looking for?

wtp

just to get to hear something, can you try this ?

turn the radio on, let it scan.
then hit the hold button, type in 851.625, and then hit hold. in a bit you should hear pat of a conversation.
tell us if you do.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Don't bother with the GPS until you understand how to program it. The GPS will do nothing to help with programming, but it will make it more complicated

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the forums, OP. You will need DMR & NXDN upgrades for your BCD325p2 ($60.00 & $50.00 respectively if you purchase directly from my.uniden.com) if you intend to monitor frequencies in your area identified as such. I'd also recommend perusing though the easier to read manual I linked below so you can familiarize yourself with the basic operations of the scanner

tvengr

Well Known Member
I am unable to find a 'Baxter City' in AR. I can find a 'Baxter' in Drew County
That what you are looking for?
There is both an unincorporated community of Baxter in Drew County and a Baxter County. We won't know the answer until the OP responds. If Baxter County, the OP needs the DMR upgrade and should program the frequencies as DMR one frequency trunk to be able to enter the color code, talkgroup, and slot. The Baxter Regional Medical Center requires the NXDN upgrade.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.