Negative feedback for Muxlow

Status
Not open for further replies.

unlisted

So long story short, as this is going to turn ugly...

Was looking for a radio. I had some stuff for sale/trade.

Was contacted by this person about a possible trade. He wanted my toughbook, (and some other misc stuff) and I wanted a radio he had, but the value was off on his end, so he offered some more items on the trade- since he had no cash to offer.

I was supposed to get a few items from him... Here is what he told me, what would be there, and what needed work and confirmed before the deal went down:
GE Orion UHF system remote with all cables
SS2000ge with power cable and control cable
(complete, working)
Programming cable
*all needed will be programming*

GE Orion front mount scan UHF
MRK uhf with EVC
UHF phantom antenna with trunk lip mount
a few MPA radios with some parts.

Known issues: The ss2000 dont work. need a P4 control cable and have a P3 with it. dont know if the ss2000 WORKS since no P4 cable
scan UHF is missing a flex ribbon inside the radio to connect it to the faceplace
Scan UHF also missing power cable.

Now, when we met up, I was on a timeframe, and really did not have time to sit/chat/ and check over everything. Instead, I TRUSTED this person, and took a copy of his Drivers License. (and license plate) Plus, I am currently injured, and cannot really be digging through a box physically, etc. (head/neck/arm injury)

So anyways, we depart, he is happy as heck since he has my toughbook and I am happy because I have a box of radios... It was not until later with a associate of mine the trouble started showing up...
NO SMARTSIREN AT ALL

No brackets at all (not really bad, but was not told about this, and when I'm told something is complete, it should be complete)

cracks in remote control head- 3 of 4 mounting screw points cracked through, and damaged. Control head has to be electrical taped together or it will fall apart literally.

high power UHF positive power lead cracked internally
High power UHF has a fuse soldered on the circuit board
Encryption board was "banged" into place, and had about 2/3 the pins bent sideways

cables butchered-connectors missing on some ends.
speaker missing a connector and spliced to another wire midway

Portables
simple MRK butchered, no batt plate/knobs messsed
MRK screen broken
missing knobs
antenna mount missing

no cable for vehicle adaptor
antenna butchered Not workable
antenna mounting plate damaged-bolts
Basically only one good radio- uhf remote mount- but the remote head is damaged beyond useable use/repair. There was also some other random parts in the box, but nothing useable, like broken circuit boards, .22 rimfire caps for a nailer, etc.???

So, I contacted him again. He basically first told me I'm "too picky" on used radio trades, than blamed a friend of his who apparently used the radio a month or so before this trade, among other things. It really irked me he tried to blame this on me being "too picky"..... riiight. I even went so far to mention it feels like I was at a hamfest and bought a box of junk for $20.00.....

We settled on a price for him to pay me, since I was holding off on posting this negative feedback-if he made it right.. He offered to pay me some at the end of this month, and the rest... he could not say. Which was unacceptable to me. I made some other suggestions, (trades) but he flat out refused. He than suggested one more thing, since his girlfriend works at a auto shop, and I need some work done on my car. He promised to get back to me by 2359 HRS Monday, (yesterday) and he is not answering his phone. So, this is now here.

Oh, and here is some photos. click once, and than again for higher res images.

Funny thing, the screen on the MRK is not the same anymore- this is a photo Muxlow sent to me to show it working...

I will fully admit, yes, I am picky on used radio gear, etc. If I'm going to buy/trade for something, there is reasons I ask endless questions about the item - so I know what I am getting, and what is wrong with it. If I knew even half of the issues I have found over what I was told, I would not of gone through with this trade.

And the latest issue- Muxlow claims the toughbook battery did not hold a charge when he got the computer, yet I was using it a day before for about 30 mins unplugged... And when we met up I even turned it on and had it running before he put it in his car that day... to make sure he liked it... :/

Make this right Muxlow, as you promised. I'm not here to get into a pissing match. I just want this settled as we already discussed and agreed on.

unlisted

Well just an update- all the portables had batteries tossed on them, and were attempted to be powered on- none powered on. Going to (hopefully) get my radio tech buddy to take a look at them.

Also no response/reply at all from Muxlow. Still sticking with a big negative on this guy. (which sucks, he did seem like a good guy otherwise...)

:(

unlisted

Still no contact from Muxlow, even thou he was online recently:

General Information

* Last Activity: 07-04-2009 12:12 AM

Not returning emails, phone calls, etc.

I've given up- BIG NEGATIVE on this guy, I would NOT recommend unless you want some junk.

If he ever responds to me, I will post a reply, or he is more than welcome to on here.

unlisted

I am really amazed he has not come and said anything in his defense- as he keeps coming online here.

Muxlow- Make this right- CONTACT ME- or return one of my emails. You have my phone number- lets work this out. Act your age, not your shoe size.

Sinister

Premium Subscriber
Please read the rules regards to posting in for sale feedback threads. If you are not a party to the deal then do not post. This thread has had posts removed for continuity of thread and for sale rule violations.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Well i got ahold of unlisted.
Made a deal for me to send him some aftermarket cadpat pants and a gen 1 issue cadpat combat shirt. Also sent the SS2000 that I didnt have with me at the time we first met up. ALSO i sent $75.00 for a VHF spectra i was to be getting from him.
Boxed them 3 items up and sent them out.
Week or so later no reply saying he got them.. I sent him a PM and he sent back saying he was out of canada and would check everything over once he was home,

Ok no problemo there. Then i get a PM saying that the cadpat was crap and not worth anything and not what i said it was. When in fact it was.
Iv sent him a PM or 2 about the spectra that i paid for and still have not gotten and its been over a month.
I think he had this planned out.. Send the cadpat, ss200 and 75 bux and not send the spectra in turn. His way of "not loosing out" or something? Not sure.

I'll just sit and dream of seeing something i know ill never get

unlisted

I think he had this planned out.. Send the cadpat, ss200 and 75 bux and not send the spectra in turn. His way of "not loosing out" or something? Not sure.

I'll just sit and dream of seeing something i know ill never get

(sarcasm) Hah, yes, I planned to rip you off before the first deal... Back in May/June. It was my plan all along, you caught me! oh no... (/sarcasm)

Sorry, stuff got busy with my life- if you really want to parade it out here other than PM here is what has happened to me since your last PM.

1. Day/Overnight patient @ a few hospitals for treatment of a moderately severe life altering injury.
2. Family member died, and there was major complications. (and still is after death)
3. Some other stuff happened I do not wish to convey on here, or to anyone.
4. Due to reason # 1, and partly # 2 I have not been home for more than 4 days since the last week of Sept. I have a few other people also waiting on shipments.

The stuff I told you would be returned, is going to be returned. (read- all the damaged/mouldy CadPat knock off's you sent me) Sorry I did not get that huge box you sent back to the post office quick enough. Something about # 1 reason is preventing me from doing much physical activities.

I will do my best to get it shipped out this week. If not, I am sure I will have some time (and assistance) at the beginning of next week. I may even rebox it for you, since the box you shipped it in is rather damaged.

Oh, and the smartsiren does not work. A friend tested it out for me one evening. (but I really do not care at this point, I got a replacement one when you disappeared the first time)

Sorry if this sounds kinda "grumpy" or "harsh"- I'm dealing with allot currently.

unlisted

And the same goes for Muxlow,I have delt with him many times with NO problems.

Sadly, I cannot say the same as you. What I can say is I have been trading/selling/purchasing online pretty often for over 5-6 years now, on multiple forums and sites, without issue.

Muxlow- your stuff is being returned (shipped) as discussed on Monday.

Admins- can you adjust this to a neutral feedback -and lock it- for me please?

Status
Not open for further replies.