New APX Next Radios Arrived For ACDC Agency Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

p25man123

After throughly looking into the pictures that I’ve seen with agencies that are apart of ACDC. I believe it’s safe to say that the APX Next radios have came in along with the new mics that Officers and Deputies will be receiving as well. Now I don’t know if DU-COMM has gotten theirs yet but the big E is coming very soon and will becoming very quickly until all agencies gives their members a brand new radio. Also, I might be wrong about this but the radio ID’s have progressively changed as well over the past weeks which gives me another hint as well.

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
The radios were purchased by the DuPage County ETSB and delivered to DU-COMM where they were programmed by a technician working for Motorola. DU-COMM issues the radios to all agencies of their dispatch center and to ACDC. Many of the agencies are in receipt of the APX-NEXT, APX-4500, APX-6000, APX-8500, and possibly a few other models. Speaker mics, individual and six-unit gang chargers, along with extra batteries are supposed to be delivered with each radio, but from what I was informed, they are somewhat short of extra batteries. As far as encryption goes, it may be activated sooner than expected, and all law enforcement entities will be "going dark" full-time. Enjoy monitoring these agencies while you are able because once encryption is activated, all monitoring capabilities are gone forever.

officerdave

Retired LEO
spent a day with the new radios etc. Moto guy did not have specifics on encryption, but it is in the works. Still not clear if all Fire is going dark on their dispatch channels.

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
The only incident where ACDC or DU-COMM fire entities would be encrypted is if they were on the law enforcement talk groups. Otherwise, they will remain in the clear on SC21 and on their existing respective VHF frequencies.

vest2208

Premium Subscriber
The radios were purchased by the DuPage County ETSB and delivered to DU-COMM where they were programmed by a technician working for Motorola. DU-COMM issues the radios to all agencies of their dispatch center and to ACDC. Many of the agencies are in receipt of the APX-NEXT, APX-4500, APX-6000, APX-8500, and possibly a few other models. Speaker mics, individual and six-unit gang chargers, along with extra batteries are supposed to be delivered with each radio, but from what I was informed, they are somewhat short of extra batteries. As far as encryption goes, it may be activated sooner than expected, and all law enforcement entities will be "going dark" full-time. Enjoy monitoring these agencies while you are able because once encryption is activated, all monitoring capabilities are gone forever.
Last few radio orders we had, we got radios (eventually), but no chargers for quite some time afterwards. 6 bank chargers weren't an issue, but individual ones took forever and a day.

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
As far as total encryption on law enforcement talk groups, this could happen very quickly. Instead of having to go back to the programmer to be manually "touched," all the users have to do is make sure they're within a strong WiFi signal range, and once the signal is sent out by DU-COMM, the unit(s) are permanently "strapped" to encryption. It cannot be disabled by the end user. Once that occurs, those units will go totally dark to the casual scanner listener. Purportedly this won't occur until each agency has all its units in place, and is ready for encryption.

Status
Not open for further replies.