New at this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chefjem2175

Hi, my name is Jason. I am kinda new at this police scanner stuff. I live in Tonawanda , New York a suburb of Buffalo. I do have a scanner . I know it is a Uniden BearCat Base Model though I do not know the model number at this time and the scanner is in the other room. I do know it is analog and digital with a special APCO-25 card that I do not have that I wish I would have got one when I got the scanner years ago because the card itself is almost imposable to get now. I have been looking on and off over the years and I have never seen the card for sale....I need the card to go digital!

N8IAA

Hi, my name is Jason. I am kinda new at this police scanner stuff. I live in Tonawanda , New York a suburb of Buffalo. I do have a scanner . I know it is a Uniden BearCat Base Model though I do not know the model number at this time and the scanner is in the other room. I do know it is analog and digital with a special APCO-25 card that I do not have that I wish I would have got one when I got the scanner years ago because the card itself is almost imposable to get now. I have been looking on and off over the years and I have never seen the card for sale....I need the card to go digital!
A couple of things to think about with the 785D besides the digital card. So, finding one and plugging it into the scanner won't help with current (rebanded) P-25 digital. Also, It doesn't seem that anything in Erie county is digital. You may have conventional frequencies with CTCSS and DPL, but it isn't the same as P-25 digital. What are you going to be listening too that is P-25 digital? You may want to post in the New York state forum a bit further down the forums page for more informed answers:)
HTH,
Larry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.