New BCD536HP DOA

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

RF23

Premium Subscriber
I seriously don't understand why somebody would tinker around with a radio when they take it out of the box and it does not work at all. If the radio is DOA when Sorry **** happens. When companies make 50K of these at a time there are going to be a unit here and there that is DOA.

Instead of opening the radio and messing with it on your work bench and start to run your own tests, WHY I ask WHY. Just put it back in the back and take it back to HRO and be done with it and exchange it and get another new one and issue is over with.

Help me understand WHY people? Am I missing a bolt somewhere?

If all you can do is "Tinker" then your advice is very good indeed, however, if you know what your are doing you can repair things like loose connectors or ribbon cables, cold solder joints to the speaker, antenna jack, discover bad wall warts, etc.. This can save a trip of rough handling back to the repair center and then rough handling back to you.

However, your caution is well taken as the sticker on most items today reads "No User Serviceable Parts Inside" for a reason. MOST people will not have either the training or equipment to address such problems. Therefore, I only send my electronic items to authorized repair centers for that item not to the local TV/Radio repair shop.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
well this sucks.. took the scanner out of the box. tried to set the time zone and cant.
cant do anything actually seems the "push Function key" is broken.

do I return this to the place I purchased it or uniden direct..

I dont fault uniden but this is rather ****ty, I took a day off work to play with it.

I updated the firmware.. nothing.. I thumped on it a little, nothing. I cant rotate the knob - and get any feedback from the unit. While typing this it started beeping and the time zone selection was going crazy.. but it wont let me select anything.

Edit 536 not 636 that is a typo

Mod Edit to correct typo in thread title

It does suck, mine is working just fine out of the box, have not tried the headphone thing yet, this is only my 2nd Uniden scanner, I have 10 sitting on my desk, so I am learning the rest are rat shack and GRE. and more older ones

kellykeeton

Hey Ken! Been a while!

As for this issue I have resolved it with support from external company's. I will keep on the thread for any discussion around the issue - but not off topic speculation of legal issues or otherwise.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Hey Ken! Been a while!

As for this issue I have resolved it with support from external company's. I will keep on the thread for any discussion around the issue - but not off topic speculation of legal issues or otherwise.

Glad to hear that they are taking care of you. looks like we all might need that.
Yes, that is funny everybody is a lawyer.

kellykeeton

Glad to hear that they are taking care of you. looks like we all might need that.
Yes, that is funny everybody is a lawyer.

yes.. I was very well taken care of By HRO and Uniden, I will report on what they did for me later, as I don't need silly replies right now.

@Dr

I hope you had a backup, unless your a zen master who fixed the broken scope with the broken scope! in which case ...nice! haha

kellykeeton

Funny update here.. So while waiting for my 5xx to get repaired I went and purchased the 4xx but due to snow in Portland I won't get it till late next week. Haha damned if you do .. Damned if you do..

Status
Not open for further replies.