New Bern P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwelker

Premium Subscriber
I live in New Bern and I am not receiving anything at all. The active control channel (as I am typing this) is 856.7375 and it broadcasting system ID 0056H-0101. If I tell it to hold and run ID Search it finds the radio traffic but there is no sound with it. I was listening to radio traffic just fine a few days ago and then it quit and I am lost! Any ideas?? I am using an Uniden BCD996XT.

Don't know if they're using Phase II to or not, but the setup in the RR database does work. I'm using the 436HP and something I noticed that did improve reception was to set the modulation to FM versus letting it default to NFM.

Try adding these additional talkgroups to your config. I haven't submitted them yet as I've been unable to confirm there exact use, with exception to 500 which is EMS.

200's is Police & Animal control, 300's is utilities, and I have no clue about the 600's

troymail

Silent Key
Don't know if they're using Phase II to or not, but the setup in the RR database does work. I'm using the 436HP and something I noticed that did improve reception was to set the modulation to FM versus letting it default to NFM.

Try adding these additional talkgroups to your config. I haven't submitted them yet as I've been unable to confirm there exact use, with exception to 500 which is EMS.

200's is Police & Animal control, 300's is utilities, and I have no clue about the 600's

When a talkgroup is active, is the 436 showing "P25" or something like "PT0" and "PT1"?

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
I finally had a chance to be in New Bern last Thursday and ran Pro 96 Com on the system and got a very poor signal strength on the control channel with a decode rate no higher than 35 percent while Viper usually runs around 88 percent or better. The control channel kept dropping out altogether every few seconds and then coming right back on. Very intermitent. Definitely npt good for being able to monitor anything.
Best I got was for the scanner to occasionally stop on a talk group with little or no audio and very garbled.

Status
Not open for further replies.