New City of Milwaukee radio system

kodachrome

Premium Subscriber
Hmmmm....having difficulty getting this system working in my Unication G5. I'm importing the RR site and TG csv files. No Cc acquired and I'm 1500 ft from one of the simulcast sites. I'm gonna keep trying, but any suggestions or does someone have a pps file to share?

OK, RFSS ID and Site ID 'FF' wildcard seems to help some. Must be really low power or something else because it goes in-out 'Out of Range'

Last edited:

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
Hmmmm....having difficulty getting this system working in my Unication G5. I'm importing the RR site and TG csv files. No Cc acquired and I'm 1500 ft from one of the simulcast sites. I'm gonna keep trying, but any suggestions or does someone have a pps file to share?

It's not built out...don't get too excited just yet.

19-685

Still chugging along toward a July 2024 implementation date (as per the RFQ proposal document).

As CrabbyMilton mentioned MWFDDISP is still up. WSP SE1 Dispatch, OASIS Law Call and Chase, as well as Milwaukee County Fire Call are active. Most of these patched channels are not that busy during any routine day. If you monitor only these channels on OASIS or WISCOM and you'll experience the same dead radio silence for minutes if not hours at a time.

The system isn't fully built out yet. That includes equipment installation, possible new antennas/sites, radio swaps or new equipment installs in vehicles, new equipment being programmed, user training, coverage testing, end-user testing, etc. It's not simply "pull a radio out of the box and go in 15 seconds".

Target date for implementation is by July for RNC per the Request for Quote Proposal document at the beginning of this thread. That's still four (4) months, 21 weeks or 153 days away from today - it's a big project and will need all 153 days to meet the deadline IF it meets that deadline. Anyone who has worked a big project like this - in two way radio land or otherwise - knows schedules are there to track progress against and plan for the inevitable issues that come up.

As with any new system implementation, there may be the occasional need to take the system off-line for a few hours or even a day or two.

OpSec said it best....

It's not built out...don't get too excited just yet.

19-685

A little dated, but haven't seen this posted in this thread.

Official Press Release from L3Harris confirming their winning the contract for Milwaukee's P-25 radio system upgrade.