New D-O-T freq?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainetrunk

Hi guys, for some reason I had 153.740 locked away. I brought it back into the scan cycle and got a hit--tone is 71.9... I thought it was coming from Oxford county Me. Then I heard the infamous ( 10-5 ) I know --someone-- is re-building a bridge off from Bear rd. ( think thats the name, same area ) They were talking flagger talk, then meet back at the shed..

KB1VLA

It wouldn't be NHDOT, they are 100% UHF. The flaggers working on Rt 101 in SBerwick were using UHF radios. But, I did see VHF antennas on some of the contractor's trucks there.

mainetrunk

I'm sure... The phrase 10-5 comes from being a different state. Bill, your state, and N.H has a different set of pd codes than Maine. Not many states share the same codes.. Believe me, 10-5 is N.H's term for 10-4. Your typical acknowledgement... They said it a few more time yesterday.. Theres also alot of construction in this area, I'll keep the ears on, eyes open, signal stalker on.

ecps92

Sorry, but the use of 10-05 as an alternative to 10-04 is not just a '''NH''' thing :roll:

There are Cities/Towns in plenty of other states that adopted that as well. Drove folks crazy in a town south of Boston, till someone pointed out the Chief came from xyz and brought the codes with him.

Now did you actually read the link I posted ?? before actually composing your message ? :roll: Didn't think so. The Freq is licensed to NH DOT as well.

Can't wait for states to stop using codes and adopt plain language

I'm sure... The phrase 10-5 comes from being a different state. Bill, your state, and N.H has a different set of pd codes than Maine. Not many states share the same codes.. Believe me, 10-5 is N.H's term for 10-4. Your typical acknowledgement... They said it a few more time yesterday.. Theres also alot of construction in this area, I'll keep the ears on, eyes open, signal stalker on.

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
I'd be very curious which division is actually using them. "Division of Operations" with a statewide mobile license doesn't tell the whole story. As KB1LVA said, NHDOT is almost completely UHF including the vast majority of their flaggers.

I'm wondering if the Bridge Ops units, often associated w/high-band are using it.

MaineTrunk, did you also put in the other frequency on that license? Could be traffic there too.

mainetrunk

No, Mr. Marcel, there was no traffic on it today. But like I said, they were talking flagger talk, and said N.H code 10-5. I'm positive it is a simplex freq. I'm ready WHEN they talk again to locate and verify. And, yeah budddy--Maineraioman, I WILL take a pic of the entire scene.. But, on the liscense Bill posted, you will see their grant date not too old. Or, was it re-newed? Hmmmm.. Oh, yeah the route 101 project, thanks KB1VLA, I'll check them in the morning.. Sheeesh, I KNEW they weren't too far.. Thanks KB1VLA

mainetrunk

Well, I went through the route 101 project. With cars on my bumper, I couldn't slow down. Just as i hit the bridge from the N.h side, there was the N,H D-O-T truck. The workers were scrambling around throwng their flags/signs into the back of the truck. I was too late.. Oh well, to me-it is a new freq to scan...

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
SNE NHDOT

NHDOT typically uses one of their District/Division frequencies in Simplex Mode w/PL 203.5 for unit-to-unit and flagging type operations.

I believe somewhere NHDOT is in fact using 153.740, but it would likely be either a special division like bridges; where they may have radios programmed with Marine Channels. or are using some old radios that were lying around and "talk to each other"

mainetrunk

By the way, have you seen their trucks up close? They now have a vhf and uhf antenna on about every orange truck. You can get a good look at the route 1 project at the ME/NH line in Portsmouth

mainetrunk

They are now using 453.775 - PL 203.5.... Simplex..
I was there, and got it...
I am hearing them right now - 2 miles away....
Both Radio Reff and Scan New England has it as 453.975 PL 203.5...
So, anyone in the Dover area -- that's the freq they are using now....

Status
Not open for further replies.