Icom: New D-STAR handheld: Icom ID-52A/E

Status
Not open for further replies.

palmerjrusa

Has anyone been able to purchase the Icom case for the ID-52A = Icom IC-LC193?

Ordered one along with my ID-52A back in Nov from HRO and it seems to never have been in stock.

dmaria

Has anyone been able to purchase the Icom case for the ID-52A = Icom IC-LC193?

Ordered one along with my ID-52A back in Nov from HRO and it seems to never have been in stock.

I have read in other forums that other countries are getting stock, but not the US for some reason. I have also read that people are able to get them on eBay.

palmerjrusa

I have read in other forums that other countries are getting stock, but not the US for some reason. I have also read that people are able to get them on eBay.

Yep, I know some UK owners of the ID-52A have been able to purchase the Icom case from the time the radio was released.

Wonder what the problem is with the lack of availability in the US?

county

Premium Subscriber
Curious if any ID-52 users have noticed a sporadic static ‘pop’ in the DSTAR RX audio . . seems to happen at random intervals. It’s nit-pick, but also a bit annoying.

Hit_Factor

Have not noticed either, and I've been listening. The ID-51 was really bad with clicking when one VFO had analog scan and the other was on mixed FM, DV scan. This was one of the biggest reason I upgraded.

You probably already looked to see if a priority channel was kicking in, or weather, or something like that.

county

Premium Subscriber
Appreciate the input! No other preempt functions are active such as weather alert or priority. . but that was a good thought. And the issue happens when running single receiver - main, sub, or both. . never happens on analog, just DSTAR.. hold or scan.
I may send it in if I can stand parting with it for a bit!

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
Appreciate the input! No other preempt functions are active such as weather alert or priority. . but that was a good thought. And the issue happens when running single receiver - main, sub, or both. . never happens on analog, just DSTAR.. hold or scan.
I may send it in if I can stand parting with it for a bit!

I think there are audio settings specific to digital available, did you check that ?

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
It's in Menu, set, DV Set, Tone Control your can adjust:

Rx Bass
Rx Trebble
Rx Bass Boost

Status
Not open for further replies.