New FMP24-DSD+ Frequency File Search & Weekly File Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Howdy!

I've created a new search so that you can create a customized FMP24-DSD+ frequency file. The frequency file shows FCC license information on the FMP24 Spectrum Window, the FMP24 console, and the DSD+ Control Channel Activity Window.

You can also download global files of the FCC information. Keep in mind that these are large files.

This data will be updated on a weekly basis.

FMP Frequency File

The website includes instructions about how to setup the frequency file.

What I hope might be discussed in this thread is the two different formats of the information. Do you prefer the smaller file without emissions, or do you like having all of the emissions, even though it is substantially more data and a larger file size?

The FMP24 console is the only window that the emissions data can be made sense of (the other windows will randomly select one of the emissions).

This is discussed in greater length on the webpage.

If you have the ability to extract 7zip files, I strongly encourage downloading those versions. This evening, GoDaddy started throttling my "unlimited" hosting, for which I pay for an increased share of resources. They even sent me an email to tell me they were going to make the website "sluggish." What this means is that the files are going to be slow to download. Allow around 4 minutes for the emissions excluded .7z and 7 minutes for the .7z with all emissions. The zip files will take approximately 3-4 times as long to download. The general website browsing and search speed should not be affected--it's just the downloads (there are plenty of server resources, it's just an artificial throttle).

FMPSpectrum3.png

FMPConsole1.png

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
The .csv file is almost a gigabyte. If you try to open it with Excel or regular text editors, you'll likely just get the beginning (and the file is sorted by frequency, lowest to highest). Trust me, everything 50-1000 is in that file.

Use something like Log Expert to view it: LogExpert

Good news! It appears the website is no longer throttled. You can download even the largest files in just a few seconds.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I got it in under a minute GO DADDY ! !! :)

The file I downloaded is FMP-FreqList.csv. My fmp.cfg was set to
Code:
1                                  ; sampling rate (1.0, 2.0 or 2.4)
512                                ; spectrum window width
32                                 ; FFT size (8k, 16k, 32k)
10                                 ; spectrum update rate in Hz
5000 -6250 7500 12500 15000 25000  ; step size table; units = Hz; negate default
.                                  ; DSD+ path
.\FMP.ScanList                     ; primary frequency list CSV path\filename
.\FMP-FreqList2.csv                ; auxiliary frequency list CSV path\filename
miles                              ; search units (miles or kilometers)
99.9                               ; search distance
19.7163 -155.6241                  ; search origin

When I change it to this, it says FMP.ScanList not found
Code:
1                                  ; sampling rate (1.0, 2.0 or 2.4)
512                                ; spectrum window width
5000 -6250 7500 12500 15000 25000  ; step size table; units = Hz; negate default
.\FMP-FreqList.csv                 ; primary frequency list CSV path\filename
.\FMP-FreqList.csv                 ; auxiliary frequency list CSV path\filename
99.9                               ; search distance
40.7450 -73.1759                   ; search origin east islip

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
I assume you extracted the file and it is in the same directory and all of that?

The .ScanList should have anything to do with this. This is the reference file.

That said, I can't seem to get the information to work on FMP. Actually, I can't seem to get FMP to work with DSD+ at all.

Can you try it on FMP24? FMP24 is the preferred application, anyways, unless computing resources are a limiting factor.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
So how does this work? There is a
.\FMP24.ScanList ; primary frequency list CSV path\filename
.\FMP24-FreqList.csv ; auxiliary frequency list CSV path\filename

Does it scan whats in the fmp24scanlist file and compare to and use data from the .csv file for displaying of license data?? I have not had any test display like in your pics.

What does your cfg look like?

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I am sure I have an old version of FMP in that folder then. I don't normally use FMP. Sorry about the bad info.

The frequency file and scanlist are two separate things.

The scanlist has a set file location. It is FMP.ScanList (for FMP) and FMP24.ScanList (for FMP24). You cannot change this. It is not part of the configuration file. Furthermore, the data format of the scanlist is not the same as the frequency file.

The frequency file can have any name or be located anywhere. You can name it for your local state, city, etc., just make sure that the line in the configuration file points to the right place.

The file name I use on the website download should be the same as the default in most configuration files that have not been modified. All you would have to do is extract the downloaded file into the DSD+ directory.

FMP-FreqList.csv is the default.

Here's my FMP24.cfg:

Code:
2.4                                  ; sampling rate (1.0, 2.0 or 2.4)
1024                                ; spectrum window width
.\FMP-FreqList.csv                 ; primary frequency list CSV path\filename
.\FMP-FreqList2.csv                ; auxiliary frequency list CSV path\filename
40                               ; search distance
38.3291 -92.4977                  ; search origin

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Ok I started over with a fresh dsd 1.10 and did all the fastlane updates. Only changed my lat and lon in the fmp24.cfg.

Load fmp24.exe and it sits saying loading freq data. After a while, it said 1600 freqs out of 7 million were loaded. When I hit "s" for it to scan, it says can not find fmp24.ScanList, then scanner terminated. Hit s again, it says scanner terminated. Does the same with FMP24-cc.bat

What am I mising? Should there be a fmp24.ScanList file in the dsd directory and if so, what should that contain?

It was my understanding that all you had to do was put in your gps info and set a range. I set a 5 mile range so 1600 of 7 million sounds about right. It just wont scan this way.

Earlier, I had created a fmp24.ScanList with 20 freqs and it would scan them, but not hold when there was activity.

vvszt.jpg

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
The frequency file does not scan. It shows the information for the frequency you are tuned to and for any frequencies that you mouse over on the spectrum, the information is displayed.

The scan list is completely separate. Digital Frequency Quick Import Do an Advanced Quick Import search for FMP-DSD+ and the results page will discuss the .ScanList file.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Ok so the big file is like a gig. I did the custom, do I take that data and paste it in the FMP24-FreqList.csv or the FMP24.ScanList file? I am guessing the first.

I forgot that the fmp text file says to add a scanlist file. So I did. I put 2 freqs in. One thats there example, and one of a known dmr freq. It scans the 2 and has stopped on the active one but only lists the info in the window that it always has. Should it be showing in the spectrum window?

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
D

DaveNF2G

This looks like a great resource, but I'm going to hold off on integrating it with my setup until some folks who have been doing this for a while get it working on their setups.

Status
Not open for further replies.