New guy here !

Status
Not open for further replies.

azbornman

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone Newbie checking in !
I have a PRO-651 that I am trying to figure out.

Last edited:

azbornman

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I live in Mesa, Az in Maricopa county.
I have been watching K4DPS videos on the Tube, Watching his vids on the WS1040 which I understand is just like the PRO-651 I have.
I am just wondering if I am programing this correctly, The system here is Topaz it looks like, do i just program the control freqs or all of the freqs listed there? some of the transmissions sound garbled.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I would start with just the red control channel and 3 blue alternate frequencies in the Mesa Simulcast system. With a P25 system, the control channel and alternates are all you need. Your system type should be P25 Auto. I find that simulcast systems work better with the Digital AGC Off and SuperTrack On. You can set Multi-Site to Off since we will only be using a single site at this time. What programming software are you using? If you attach your programming file, I will check it for any problems. You will have to right click on the file and send it to a compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. The garbled audio may be due to simulcast distortion. I will work with you later to minimize that. Here is the link to the TOPAZ system:

Last edited:

azbornman

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for your help, I do not have the PC cable yet or a power adaptor yet, ordered off the bay yesterday. I am looking at the software for it on the butel website, looks like i need ARC-500. But for the mean time I have been inputting everything manually. I haven't figured out if there is a way to manually delete a scanlist, is it possible?

tvengr

Well Known Member
I use ARC500. It is far easier doing everything with software. You don't delete a scan list. There are 20 of them permanently in the scanner. You delete everything in a scan list so that there is nothing to scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.